Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I will be thin ... I will Dee100's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by niknakscat View Post
    Evening all

<<Yawn>> it's far too late for me to be up!!

I just blogged another batch though & thought you might like to take a look

I have a craftRobo Dee & I'm ashamed to say I've only used it a couple of times, I found it completely user-unfriendly to start with & gave up on it without really giving it a proper chance...one day, when I have lots of time on my hands (in about 15 years when my children are in their teens!) I'll try to get to grips with it
    Loved your card. Hope you do find some time to work with Robbie, I am no expert but he and I have come to an understanding and we rub along OK now. Just got to sort out writing with him that's, my New Year plan. I did try to write while doing my Christmas cards but I still have not got pens that fit perfectly and it was taking too much time so I gave up. I think with CR you have to learn all his idiosyncrasies and he can spit his dummy out but I love him and would not be without him, well perhaps to buy a later model

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dee100 View Post
    Loved your card. Hope you do find some time to work with Robbie, I am no expert but he and I have come to an understanding and we rub along OK now. Just got to sort out writing with him that's, my New Year plan. I did try to write while doing my Christmas cards but I still have not got pens that fit perfectly and it was taking too much time so I gave up. I think with CR you have to learn all his idiosyncrasies and he can spit his dummy out but I love him and would not be without him, well perhaps to buy a later model
    Dee i've written with robbie - the sakura pens fit and write beautifully. He wrote this for me. however, the sakura pens don't like being distressed with the tim holtz pads after, i have smudged some doing this after. i am, however, impatient and may just not be waiting long enough. my sakuras are the gelly roll stardust. i haven't tried my souffle ones in there yet.

buying the pen holder was a great move and in time, with more fonts, will be like having any sentiment stamp you want in any size - ooooh i should sell for them!!!! lol

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lilliboy View Post
    Dee i've written with robbie - the sakura pens fit and write beautifully. He wrote this for me. however, the sakura pens don't like being distressed with the tim holtz pads after, i have smudged some doing this after. i am, however, impatient and may just not be waiting long enough. my sakuras are the gelly roll stardust. i haven't tried my souffle ones in there yet.

buying the pen holder was a great move and in time, with more fonts, will be like having any sentiment stamp you want in any size - ooooh i should sell for them!!!! lol
    Hi Lilli

Love that card, your writing is great. I tried with Sukura pens but they smudge seemed to flood no matter what I changed the pressure to, I don't have the special pen holder I made one of the Sakura barrels fit the normal pen holder and then I just changed the inner to what ever colour I wanted. However, it just did not work for me. I bought some very small gel pens which I thought would fit the normal holder but they didn’t so again I butchered one of the holders and got it to fit, it did write better than Sakura but it was not perfect. I want to get this right so that is one my list of things to master in the New Year.

Dee

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Dee, some of the Sakura pens don't work well because they're intended more for colouring in, so will tend to pool - I once ended up with a huge purple "lake"! Reducing the pressure and increasing the speed may help a bit but I think it's best to stick with the sparkly or metallic colours; the two tone ones work OK if the writing is fairly large.

Check the Robo forum too as there's a lot of threads about suitable pens to use.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    Dee, some of the Sakura pens don't work well because they're intended more for colouring in, so will tend to pool - I once ended up with a huge purple "lake"! Reducing the pressure and increasing the speed may help a bit but I think it's best to stick with the sparkly or metallic colours; the two tone ones work OK if the writing is fairly large.

Check the Robo forum too as there's a lot of threads about suitable pens to use.

Rosemary
    Thanks Rosemary, yes I see that you have to get the right pen, right pressure and then there's the paper - oh dear.

Going to get started next week, I will lick it yet well perhaps not lick it but you get the picture.

Dee

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This is the design I chose this year - I made it 25 times in different colours x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lei_armstrong View Post
    This is the design I chose this year - I made it 25 times in different colours x
    That's lovely, how did you do your words please?

x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dee100 View Post
    That's lovely, how did you do your words please?

x
    Thanks - it's a clear stamp that was in a set from Daisy & Dandelion. It's called Penelope & Percy Christmas Greetings x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lei_armstrong View Post
    Thanks - it's a clear stamp that was in a set from Daisy & Dandelion. It's called Penelope & Percy Christmas Greetings x

Thanks I shall have to look out for that one.

x