Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: What Is your Main Crafting At The Present Time

Voters
499. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scrapbooking

307 61.52%
  • Cardmaking

100 20.04%
  • Digi Scrapping

24 4.81%
  • Another craft such as knitting/crochet/sewing etc

59 11.82%
  • I don't craft anymore

9 1.80%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Back and ready to scrap! Jelly Baby's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I no longer post on the gallery as I've recently come back to uks after an absence to do my accountancy qualification to find that my whole gallery has been wiped! All my handwork in re-sizing and uploading wasted! (I stopped coming on here just after the gallery rules changed re size and frequency of upload). I am enjoying getting back into scrapbooking but have been doing more Christmas cards at the moment before christmas creeps up on me!

Dedicated Scrapper wendylorraine's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    i had totally lost my mojo and with me getting divorced and no access to a pc except at library just didnt get the chance,

i always keep up with my slimming world thread and now joined a few swaps to help me get into it again.

i never learnt how to upload dont have a blog but i love facebook and so do my kids, but with the help of a very good friend i have started to scrap again, and im also going to get my crosstitch stuf out again,as with all that and what papercrafting stuf, i shouldnt need to buy much again lol.

saying that im of to the nec soon not been for years and im going with a list.

my team is down to 3 members and it is so quite these days its def a sign of everyone having busy lifes
    Wendy

Dedicated Scrapper GuernseyGirl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I did also get addicted to FB apps like Farmville and Treasure Madness, like others have admitted to! Then after a 10 day holiday and no internet () I started playing one day and thought 'what on earth am I doing spending all my time on here when I could be doing so much more worthwhile things!'.
    Naomi

My Blog

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I'm another one that rarely uploads to the gallery here, I post to my blog instead. It's a bit of a pain uploading here. Having said that I'm scrapping less anyway, but I'm churning out the pages in my art journals which means i mainly shop for art supplies.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I still use all the same scrap-book products but tend to make tags and cards as well LO's
    Louise
    Altered Monthly Tag Swap - May - Emerald, Eye & Mystical!
    My Blog: http://scrap-ology.blogspot.com

With a glass in my hand..... TeaJenny's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuernseyGirl View Post
    I did also get addicted to FB apps like Farmville and Treasure Madness, like others have admitted to! Then after a 10 day holiday and no internet () I started playing one day and thought 'what on earth am I doing spending all my time on here when I could be doing so much more worthwhile things!'.
    I though the same after a week with no access - but blow me if FV hasnt crept back up on me again!!!
    Donna x
    My Blog - Yorkshire Tea Jenny
    RikRakRavers

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I do upload sometimes. My main craft is still scrapbooking but I've got into Magnolia Tilda's so I've spent more money on them than my scrapbooking supplies; as like others I've got a stack of papers to work thru! The current financial climate we are living in tho has made me spend a lot less on stash in general.
    Ali

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I still scrap, but not quite as much as I used to( I should though really as I have a mountain of stash that I have 'acquired' over the years to justify having ) I haven't uploaded here for ages. TBH I got fed up with the resizing and faffing, but more so the fact that we are limited to gallery size and amount per day etc etc ( not sure how many other boards galleries work like that as most I have seen are unlimited, but I am sure there is a valid reason ) and whats the point in doing all of that only for it to be culled at some point as well ) I have a blog now and put some of my stuff on there if I feel like it( LOVE the fact that no resizing or limiting etc). Don;t have FB or anything like that and don't want one so thats not a reason for me to not use here so much these days..It just doesn't have the 'appeal' it used to.....I think I enjoy hopping round blogs and finding inspiration and knowledge there these days . Also, when I joined here several years ago it was what it says...UKScrappers.....maybe thats part of reason I have drifted( and I am prepared to get flamed here) but,personally, I think that over time its become less and less scrapping based and more cards,robo,altered,community etc and that's fine, if thats what you want in a forum....so maybe it should be called UKPapercrafters? Just my 2 pence worth anyway .

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    I’ve voted scrapbooking although I haven’t made a traditional scrapbook page since around 2006. But I do lots of CJs, and that is probably my main crafting activity, so have gone with scrapbooking as the closest approximation to that.

I haven’t used my gallery on here since I started a blog in 2006 ish – I was on other forums as well as this one and it made more sense to me to just have my own central place for uploading piccies to.

I also do fabric crafts and jewellery making, and I make the occasional card

But to answer the original question, yes I think there has been a massive downturn in interest in scrapbooking but not in the last year or so, more in the last 3 years or so, when I started (2005) this forum was really buzzing, there were more retailers, more magazines, more people at crops, big events like Bonanza etc etc. It seems to have gone off the boil in this country, and other crafts like knitting have become more popular.

Things wax and wane, I guess. Maybe there will be a big scrapbooking revival soon.
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Maybe there will be a big scrapbooking revival soon.
    Hope so

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Quote Originally Posted by anita m View Post
    Also, when I joined here several years ago it was what it says...UKScrappers.....maybe thats part of reason I have drifted( and I am prepared to get flamed here) but,personally, I think that over time its become less and less scrapping based and more cards,robo,altered,community etc and that's fine, if thats what you want in a forum....so maybe it should be called UKPapercrafters? Just my 2 pence worth anyway .
    That is a very good point. I think you are right that it is less and less scrapping based. I was looking at the new posts section earlier and there weren't many scrapping subjects popping up. I don't have a robo so don't go over onto those threads but there seem to be an awful lot of them so maybe that is where the current trend is.
    Kerry

My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I still scrap but dont upload to the gallery as its too much faffing about with resizing and stuff. If I was to upload I would want to do a big bunch at once and of course you cant so I just use my blog now.
    I tend to buy my scrapbooking stuff second hand in big bundles as I refuse to pay £1 for a sheet of paper and P&P is too high with online retailers. When I need glues and such I get them in staitionary shops as again £2.99 postage for a tube of 99p glue takes the Mick a bit.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    I did a wedding album for my niece recently but that's the only scrapping I've done in ages. I still haven't scrapped many of my 2009 Disney pics and we go again in 6 months!

I've done a little bit of jewellery making, am making a dress (slowly!) and have discovered tablet weaving, so I'm doing a little bit of lots of things rather than spending all my time scrapping.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    When I check the new posts it often makes me navigate away from this site as it is often all robo posts which are quite dull and exclusive to the non-robo user.

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Just a quick reminder for the non-Robo, non-cardmakers, non-kit subscribers, non-whatevers amongst us - there is a "roll your own New Posts" option available.
    I have used it to exclude lots of of forums that I am not interested in from New Posts - and if one day I decide I do want to look at Altered Art I simply have to go there explicitly.
    It takes a while to add all the sections of UKS that I don't want to see, but once done I can ignore them completely!
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog