Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: What Is your Main Crafting At The Present Time

Voters
499. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scrapbooking

307 61.52%
  • Cardmaking

100 20.04%
  • Digi Scrapping

24 4.81%
  • Another craft such as knitting/crochet/sewing etc

59 11.82%
  • I don't craft anymore

9 1.80%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    What have we here Watson? misteejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I make a lot of mini scrapbooks as gifts for friends - don't tend to do many 12x12 LOs unless it is something particular that I want to scrap.

Tend to only use the gallery when there is a CC due to the limited space but I do try to link to my blog for regular crafty updates or post thumbnails on particular threads.

http://misteejay.blogspot.com/
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    My main love is scrapbooking but I try to use up scraps and bits and bobs through cardmaking. I donate a lot of cards to charity and sell the odd few through work. I try to make other projects like birthday books, calendars etc to use up my great stash of patterned paper. I am still buying things in quantity but have greatly slowed buying patterned paper and Bazzill because I have more than enough. Also, to be honest, much of the "latest stash" doesn't do a lot for me. I also find it hard to pay almost £1 for a sheet of paper, unless it would have an immediate use! I don't mind so much paying 50p for a piece of paper, and have it waiting in my stash for the perfect project. I find I am buying a lot more "accessories" like stamps, inks and things like mists.

I have no children, and scrap a lot of holidays and more travels and events. I don't upload absolutely everything to the gallery here, but do eventually add things to my blog. Like some others have mentioned, I prefer to actually craft rather than spend all my time on the computer, so am not a member of FB or the like.

I will always scrapbook, even if my husband complains about storing the albums and the space it all takes! It is just that as time allows, cardmaking takes over, and then other projects - depending on the time of year. I will shortly be ramping up to Christmas, so scrapbooking will be put on the back burner until the New Year.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    I'm with the majority of others on here. I'm a Scrapbooker but don't upload any more on UKS !
    I also have a blog and help run a blog for Fiskars so take far too long on a computer as it is !
    I think techniques are a big thing atm but I never have much time to experiment ...must do more

Dedicated Scrapper secretscrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Great topic
    Like alot of others that have posted i cant do the resizing thing I can do it but it ends up tiny so no point in putting something that people cant see otherwise i have to link to photo bucket which is just as much hassle. Blogging is so much easier for sharing pictures. I have been cardmaking more than anything but im still doing my 12x12's and minibooks and other crafty things.
    I still sub to my monthly kit and uplaod pictures to the thread when i make something.
    Kate

My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I havn't posted on here in ages and I havn'y uploaded a LO for even longer! I started scrapping years ago and came on UKS from day 1 almost. Back then it seemed a much more friendly bunch - I took part in swaps, CJ's altered art, christmas swaps and all the CC's, but about 18 months ago I started to notice that things were no longer the same - CJ's were falling apart with people dropping out or hanging onto book etc swaps seemed to be all about who received the better stuff compared to the value they sent and team chats all but dried up (I chat more on FB with ex teamies than on here now!). Little groups & clicks started to arrive where people would even ignore posts if the poster wasn't in their little click!

I still scrap, but not on here, which has has a knock on effect to how much I do, because I no longer see that many LO's that inspire me and make me want to go and try that idea in my own style etc so I don't do any where near the amount I use to. I still buy bits, but without the team chat's where one will suggest a new product they have just tried, I'm not that up on new stuff out there.
    Toni

All the world's a scrapbook and I know the layout. susibee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I voted scrapbooking although I do make quite alot of cards. I only upload the wc or mc to my gallery as it's a bit of a faff, everything else goes on my blog.

I still buy lots of stash even though like most of us on here, I have enough stuff to last me until I'm a 100 and beyond
    Susi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I am making mini books for xmas gifts at the moment,and some halloween cards and xmas cards for the garandchildren.

Kutter Krazy
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    im more in to cards at the minute as I am on to DTs but I have a HUGE mountain of stash n photos that need to be scrapbooked, Ive just lost the motivation

and yes, if i do one, I blog it
    GINNY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain....
    http://my5bratzcreations.blogspot.com/

really scrappy scrapper sheilaj's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Have never loaded much on here as its too much faff. I am also super cautious about uploading pics of my friends and family anywhere on the net. I craft indoors more in the winter anyway...
    Tee Hee I am now retired
    Swaps: Handmade/Layered Flowers Swap sent 12,05.10

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - beanpole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I voted 'other' as just now I'm back into crochet and fabric art & mixed media - but it was UKS that got me into the mixed media! I still scrapbook when I have time and am just starting on the Christmas journal. I also write, which does need a lot of time & creative thought. So, when I'm not at work, I don't have much other spare time so don't blog, and don't use facebook, or watch much tv.
    I think everyone's just so busy these days, creative time does get squeezed. I don't use the gallery much - my photos are rubbish anyway and it's the time it takes.

As for buying... I do buy a few papers I really like but I really prefer to use what I have or what I can paint/ create myself. It's not often I make cards these days, but I will be doing Christmas ones - again, creating from scratch as much as poss, and this year probably using fabric.

Dedicated Scrapper GuernseyGirl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Although I don't seem to get much time for any crafting, i think scrapbooking is still my no1 !! I have recently completed a mini book for someone to give her friend. I enjoy mini books.

To be honest I don't even take as many photos as I used to - DD2 has less photos of herself than DD1 but I think that might be a fairly common thing!! We just seem to be so busy.

I've also started a little baking business recently so that is taking up my time and I'm enjoying being able to bring pleasure to people through what I make.

I don't really have the money to spend on new stash at the moment but maybe I'll ask for something for Christmas? I still do have quite a bit of other stuff I can use (don't most of us? ).

As for posting photos of layouts or work - I usually take photos of what I've made and that's about as far as it gets! I have posted my work in the past but didn't really think it was worth it - not many people seemed to look or comment and then it's not much point is it? I don't know. I do blog hop a bit and like to see what people are up to. Just don't post on mine at the moment - I could do with an extra day in the week
    Naomi

My Blog

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

I voted for scrapping, because it's what I want to do but seem to be doing other things lately: made a travel journal fpr holidays, which took up July and August; making a mini book of some old photos, which was interrupted to make diamond wedding anniversary cards; now I have place cards to make for that event and once that's done it will be time for Christmas cards.

I did upload, though I lost a lot in the recent cull, and haven't photographed a LO for ages to upload. I don't have a blog or do FB - no time. Oh and we're doing a lot of DIY too (I'd rather be scrapping). Still buying stash though!
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

Secret Stash Stroker Teamate Greyhound Lover's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've voted scrapbooking but admit it's no longer the obsession it was a few years ago, I've started dabbling in altered art and digi.

Also with money being tighter I try and use what i already have and boy there is lots LOl.

I do blog my work and made the decision not to upload to UKS for several reasons.

1st I no longer crave other people's opinions, if i'm happy with it that's enough now .
    2nd It's such a faff to re size etc
    3rd I got fed up with my LO's being put into people's favourtes (and some people went through entire gallery) but those same people not bothering to leave a comment which I found rathe rude.

UKS has been much quieter this year but I do still come on daily and enjoy the site.
    Sue

Blue Brads Team
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Some very interesting points raised there. The fact that scrapping is way out in the lead is good to know.

I use pixresizer which is a freebie for resizing my pics. You can do a whole album in a very short space of time so it doesn't have to be a faff to resize them. I use it for most things now as blogger takes ages to upload full size pics at times.

The point I found most pertinent to the whole decline on inspiration in the gallery here is this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sutty View Post
    The only disadvantage is having to hunt all across the internet to be able to see other peoples work, rather than just peruse everyones in the gallery!!
    I am as guilty as the next person for forgetting about the gallery and do use my blog more but sutty makes a very good point that we have to search for inspiration a lot more these days.

As far as facebook goes, I confess I am an addict, particularly to farmville and frontierville and I guess a lot of my scrapping time goes to that which is a sad state of affairs
    Kerry

My Blog

View Gallery

I'm still scrapping a lot, still pretty obsessed, but I too don't upload to the gallery here very often because of the same issues everyone else has mentioned.

I just stick it on my blog and on another forum gallery I use.