Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: What Is your Main Crafting At The Present Time

Voters
499. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scrapbooking

307 61.52%
  • Cardmaking

100 20.04%
  • Digi Scrapping

24 4.81%
  • Another craft such as knitting/crochet/sewing etc

59 11.82%
  • I don't craft anymore

9 1.80%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I think my main issue is that I used to mainly scrap my kids, who are now grown up and not interested in having photos taken, nor pages done about them. So my mojo's gone walkabout to a certain extent.
    I'm another who has enough stash to see me good for many years to come, so can't justify spending money just now.
    Photography is more of a passion for me at the moment-love getting outside into the fresh air. Maybe my mojo will come back in the depths of winter, when my fingers are too cold to operate the dials on my camera.
    I'm also enjoying some mixed media, art journalling stuff-think ink, paints, stamps...
    MY SCRAPPY BLOG MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE DT

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I went for scrapbooking but spend time doing all of those - again, I upload to my blog because I can resize and email the picture direct from my phone; I guess with more of us having blogs its the way things have gone
    But I'm still stash-collecting...

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Leanne - I think that's right. Lots more people have blogs now and it's easier to put a layout on your blog and tell its story there.

I'm voting for scrapbooking but I am doing a lot more sewing and knitting these days too
    Sian
    my blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I am more in love with scrapping than I was when I first started... I love it! I think I always will I don't have as much time now with the kiddos being at school (I thought i'd have more time!) and working/family etc... but I still squeeze some in nearly every day. Even if its just sitting at my desk, looking at it all then packing up
    I haven't uploaded to my gallery for so long now (or my blog) as I just haven't had the time. But I have to agree that its such a faff having to resize images and only being allowed to upload three at a time.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Scrapbooking - although I do sew and knit at times.
    I never upload photos, simply because I've never worked it out.

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. lruk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I voted for scrapbooking though I do do most of the other crafts as well. I upload to the gallery here at times but often getting a decent pic isn't easy due to the poor light and it getting darker earlier and uploading to my blog is much easier and saves having to resize and delete other pics first.

I have more than enough stash to last many years but I do buy new things on occasion but it tends to be basics like cardstock and glue unless something really special catches my eye.

When I do buy it tends to be something that I can get more than one out of like double sided paper, stamps or dies and tools. I think the dearth of decent scrapbooking magazines hasn't helped either because there are probably fewer new scrapbookers as a result, unlike other crafts.
    Linda

As happy as a pig in muck!! jo.bee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    I still scrapbook but not as much as I used too. I don't buy much new stash as funds don't really allow at the moment. As Donna said FB does take up more of my time - (playing sad games!!) But I also love photography adn reading.

View Gallery

Finger hovered over the scrapbooking option but chose the 'other craft'. I'm not scrapping less but now the days are shortening I spend more time indoors, so finding more time for other crafts.

Stash shopping has dropped simply because I need to use up what I have. It's ridiculous how much I've accumulated in only three years, and it takes up so much space.

Logging on to UKS is infrequent and then don't often upload photos for various reasons, such as resizing, privacy, etc. x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I started out cardmaking then ventured into scrapping as a way of getting more use out of my stash. I make cards to order which enables me to buy more stash so find it hard to 'justify' scrapping in a way. So now and then I scrap but not as frequently as I used to, I also make boxes, mini books etc.
    I don't upload here because it's easier to blog, especially with the three-a-day limit, I normally batch blog and set the posts up to display every other day.
    A few years ago I definitely cut down on buying but it seems to have creeped back up again, when VAT goes up that will make an impact on my purchasing.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    I voted card making as I am preparing things to sell at my xmas stall.However, after xmas cards, I intend making an album for my parents' Ruby wedding. Am looking forward to getting my teeth into scrapbooking again TBH!
    Take care,
    Nickyx

The last remaining B-17 still flying in the UK (apparently!!!) SallyB's Avatar
    Bucks. With beautiful birds in my garden!!!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I've voted cardmaking ~ but probably only because of the "right now" tag. But in honesty, I'm like the rest of people ~ I don't bother to upload here often because it is time consuming. I love to scrap - but tend to make minibooks or cj's now as opposed to lo's.
    Again, I'm with the majority ~ I've got RIDICULOUS amounts of product (paper, embellies, ribbon, buttons etc., etc., etc.,) and if I crafted from now to eternity I don't think I'd ever use it up! Hasn't stopped me spending though!!!! LOLOL!
    Sally xx

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I'm a former cardmaker, but now rarely make them, preferring to keep my hard work in the form of scrapbooking. I still upload here, but having just started a blog I can see why people find it easier to upload to a blog without resizing.

I would say that UKS is suffering from the effects of Facebook with all its attached games and the rise in popularity of blogging. Personally I just don't "get" why FB is so popular with people - I find it confusing (easily done LOL) and I worry about the things I can see on there that I feel would be better kept private I know - don't look, but I worry about who would look IYKWIM!

As for blogging - I can see why that is addictive and once you have found a few creative blogs that appeal to you it can be easier to find a mojo-boost there than having to trawl through endless discussions over here on UKS about which die-cutting machine/shade of promarker/type of adhesive is better .

Having said that, I do get a LOT of support and inspiration from my team, the weekly, monthly and other challenges here on UKS. I think there are still plenty of inspiration to be found in the threads and galleries here and UKS gives me the opportunity to save things to "Favourites" for future reference - not sure how I'd be able to do something similar in Blogland ... other than having hundreds of bookmarks. I think it's a shame people are restricting themselves to blogging - IMHO it spreads the talent too thinly - it was better when it was more concentrated here IYKWIM. Plus, the virtual friends I have made over the last 4 years have been made here, not on FB or through blogs ... that would be creepier wouldn't it?

As for stash shopping - most of us are probably feeling the pinch to one degree or another and can't justify huge spending when we have already got enough paper to last for years. That's another reason I come here - I'd rather see what the sponsors have to offer than risk the net - a bit like buying locally

Phew mammoth post - sorry, but you did ask LOL!
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I'm 50 % card making 50 % scrapping, but I'm more likely to buy stuff for scrapping and use leftovers for cards. I've also noticed it's got really quite on here.

I don't upload often because I can't get good pictures (no real daylight to speak of when I have time to photograph), partly because I'm embarrassed about my pages (quite old fashioned and graphic, not near as 'arty' as are usually on here and in the mags), and in part because I scrap the same photo again and again because it's not often I get photos taken of me or my loved ones (we're all camera shy).

I voted cards though because if I upload to UKS it's cards I upload. I use the same stuff largely for both hobbies. As far as shopping... I shop plenty, but love a bargain (Pebbles inc ribbon at TKMaxx for example), or have been unimpressed with the stuff coming out of cha. America is going more 'arty' as well, and this really doesn't interest me. I have no interest in distress inks, distressing, shabby chic, loads of layers, messy spritzer, paint, inking, debossing chipboard, spraying anything or anything like this. I'm easily pleased, I like double sided tape and straight lines.

A line I like I will buy, regardless, (just spent £60 on atomic soup with a sponsor), but I find my must have list is shorter and shorter. I'm using stuff I've already got but for me part of the fun of scrapping is shopping for stuff.

ETA have a blog but hardly bother with it, life's too short for something no one reads

(The reason I use arty in inverted commas is because it's all art but some of it looks more arty)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    I prefer to scrapbook, but am doing more card making these days. It's useful to make the cards as I have quite alot of people to send cards to throughout the year... I am also trying to use my stash up... when we are feeling the pinch, it seems silly to buy stuff and end up adding to my mountain of stash... I am still buying some stuff, but no where near as much.
    I am also a cross stitcher and have been doing quite a complicated large pattern this year which has taken alot of my crafting time...
    Hugs
    Kim
    x
    Kim

Christmas Stocking Swap 2022

View Gallery

I blame George Osborne

Joy
    my blog the whole of the moon Updated June 7th with Cupcakes

designer for It's A Creative World itsacreativeworld.typepad.com