Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: What Is your Main Crafting At The Present Time

Voters
499. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scrapbooking

307 61.52%
  • Cardmaking

100 20.04%
  • Digi Scrapping

24 4.81%
  • Another craft such as knitting/crochet/sewing etc

59 11.82%
  • I don't craft anymore

9 1.80%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    That video really was inspiring. My trouble, I often find, is that I can look at something, or a photo, or keepsake, and have a story trickle through my mind, but it's not generally when I'm in my craftroom - by the point that I have the time and the space either I've forgotten the idea, or it doesn't work out how I imagined it, and it doesn't seem to come together.

I know I should write ideas down, but I also know I won't! My biggest problem is that my craftroom gets so chaotic that it's difficult to find the space (I don't always mean actual space, sometimes there's just too much 'stuff' going on in there) to get creative. AND it's a dumping ground for general stuff that doesn't 'fit' anywhere else in the house

So, yet again I'll make a resolution to clear up so that I can work better. I'll never be tidy, but I do know I work better when I have a clear space and a clear head!
    Eileen

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Eileen, I know exactly what you mean, my desk is next to my bed and is used as my bedside table as well so all sorts end up there. I vow every so often to tidy it once and for all but as the bedroom ends up having other stuff that doesn't have a home it's never tidy....... One day I might manage it!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Haven't been on UKS for ages. My reason for not scrapping as much & chatting as much is my workload from work. Been going through very difficult time for a while now & I don't have the time to scrap as much as I want to as I'm working or exhausted most nights & weekends.
    Jo

Scrappin the days away
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have noticed a hugh slow down in scrapbooking in my area, several years ago there were 7 scrapbook shops in my area, (one of which I owned) sadly, now there is only 1 and it is not mine The economy really killed us here. Personally, I have had a rotten year so I wasn't in the mood to do much of anything. Thankfully things are better now and now I scrap when I get together with the girls but that is only once every month or so, still very depressing for my scrapbooks! I have been focusing on my collage and sculpting lately. I still love to see what everyone is doing on the scrapbook, card making front!

Dedicated Scrapper hannahvictoria's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I'm new to this site, but hopefully will upload some stuff at some point. Like a lot of crafters, i'm trying to use up the mountains of stash i have at the moment, to save a bit of money, and also challenge myself to use things i would usually dismiss.

When i buy something new, at the moment its usually distress inks, jewellery-type findings, beads, buttons,etc for altering the stuff ive got. or new tools. or the occasional new die. ive got paper coming out my ears, so thats taken a back seat!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Although new to this site I have been crafting for donkey's years and been on various forums. I think there may be a decline because we have run out of things to talk about. To be brutally honest, I don't chat much on here because I would rather be actually crafting than talking about it (at work ATM so can't get to the crafting desk!). Also I look in the forums and think oh hell not another thread on xxx asking the same question as the one that came up 2/3 weeks ago. Plus the newest ideas mainly come from blogs now so I blog hop a bit if looking for inspiration.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'm doing mixed media painting at the moment. I do intend to do some scrapping of some Xmas pictures in the next few days. I've also got to make a couple of birthday cards for my immediate family. So I guess I'll be busy crafting for the next few weeks.

Autistic Forecast for today: Scattered Brainstorms PurplyDragon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    i only just started scrapping again these last few months, and i have gone back to where i came from yonks ago digiscrapping... though ive always been more of a hybrid scrapper/crafter anyway and almost all my crafty projects involve my laptop/printer/robo in some shape or other...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am a scrapbooker that dabbles in card making. I have been doing it for so many years and I do find that there are times when I take a break from it but then I see a blog or a mag and I find inspiration again and the fever starts all over again.

I am a bit the opposite to everybody in that I have cut down on my FB usage as I used to do the farm thing but realized what a waste of time it was and realized that using that time on scrapbooking is so much better! I get more out of doing it now and I get away from the computer, which is always a good thing! Now that I have stopped playing and started scrapping again I am much happier!

I do have quite a bit of stash and I have been going through it and donating the stuff that just does not inspire me anymore and that has made a big difference. I am still shopping but I just shop differently than I did before. I used to just go and buy stuff because I liked it and did not know how I would use it but bought it anyway. This is what led me to the stash that does not inspire me. Now when I shop I am more likely to get coordinating packaged items so I dont have to figure out what goes with what and that helps to speed things up for me. I still will get the odd item that I love but dont know what I will do with it but it is just not as often. I am big now on using what I have but I am not opposed to shopping either!

I have not uploaded anything to this site but if I had to resize everything that would probably put me off from doing that. It seems to me that maybe if they made that process better you would see more postings.