Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: What Is your Main Crafting At The Present Time

Voters
499. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scrapbooking

307 61.52%
  • Cardmaking

100 20.04%
  • Digi Scrapping

24 4.81%
  • Another craft such as knitting/crochet/sewing etc

59 11.82%
  • I don't craft anymore

9 1.80%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)

Scrapbooking Downturn?

I'm sure I'm not alone in noticing that less and less people seem to be uploading to the gallery on here and there is a decline in general chatter about scrapping. I was wondering if this due to the current economic climate or whether people are favouring other crafts such as cardmaking.

As a shop owner I would like to cater for what YOU as the customer want so would love to hear general thoughts on the scrapbook market at the current time.

I wasn't sure where the correct place for this was as market research doesn't allow replies and I figured it would be better as a general topic.
    Kerry

My Blog

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes sixofone's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    I think it's a bit of both. I'm quite into mini books at the moment and also trying to make a dent in my mountain of stash

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a woman in possession of paper must scrap beksynormz's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I don't think so, I just don't upload because it means resizing my photos and is generally quite faffy, I just upload onto my own blog
    Beks x
    my blog

Dedicated Scrapper YorkshireLass's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I agree with Beks, I don't really use the gallery on UKS as I tend to upload photos to my own blog. My main love is scrapbooking, but I also enjoy making mini books, and am starting to get into altered art. I'm certainly not put off by the economic climate as I've spent a small fortune on craft stuff recently!
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I am in serious financial difficulties at the moment and i am trying to just use my stash. Also, because I am so stressed (facing bankruptcy) I don't feel like crafting at the moment. I am worried that is we are made bankrupt that they will take all my crafting away (especially my cricket) and then I will be left with nothing

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    i'm really doing art journalling at the moment so am buying paints/stencils etc rather than scrapbookig, buti don't upload to the gallery here anyway

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    Like Beks, I dont bother uploading much now as my computer is old and slow and it takes an age to get the photos on there without worrying about resizing. Mind you I have lost my Mojo a bit, so scrapping is on the backburner a bit. But I am working my way through a room full of stash as like lots of others money is being channeled elsewhere at the moment and I just buy whats necessary, could probably scrap for years without buying anything other than the basics
    12 day of Christmas swap

Full time mummy and wife. best job ever gemmasteele's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    im another who doesnt upload to the gallery but to my blog. Just too much hassle to resize. lol. I dont buy as much as I used to though, nowhere near. But like most others just using up what I have at the moment.
    My blog, all about my life and crafting

Decorated notebook swap, Christmas Card Chinese Whisper Swap

(christmas stocking, 12 days swaps)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I hovered over scrapbooking and then had to stop because actually I am heavy into making my christmas cards atm. I only make cards for christmas though so as soon as they are all finished I will be back to scrapping. I am finding I am doing more scrapbooking lately not less, two reasons, my scrapping buddy, my eldest DD has finally finished her degree and can spend more time scrapping with me, and because of the economic upturn I am getting less supply work and so can spend more time scrapping.

I have never spent a great deal on supplies at the best of times anyway, so that doesnt really effect me, I tend to make my own embellishments and only tend to buy glue, cardstock and tools

Oh and I havnt uploaded to the gallery since I started my own blog 3 years ago

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (88)
    im a scrapbooker and i dont upload on here anymore, i use my own blog as its easier and i dont have to resize etc

With a glass in my hand..... TeaJenny's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    I think lots of us are spending too much "social" time on the likes of FB - I tend to upload there, its too fiddly on here. My team group has all but dried up on here but we do comment on each others posts on FB. Also due to too much cyber farming I dont have as much time to scrap.
    Also, everyone is having to tighten the purse strings and a lot of people are using up stash.
    Donna x
    My Blog - Yorkshire Tea Jenny
    RikRakRavers

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I've not uploaded to the gallery for several years now. I'm still scrapping and get a kit each month. I'm trying not to buy much else because I have waaay too much stuff already!
    I've also started sewing - I've noticed this seems to be quite a trend at the moment (I've not strated just because it's trendy, I think it's more that it seems more appealing because it's in the public eye more).
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I started off being obsessed with scrapbooking but soon moved on to other things. I wanted to be good at scrap book layouts but unfortunately I wasn't! Also I thought - what is the point of scrapping, spending loads on embellishements only to put them away in an album? I like mini books now, but have turned to card making in a big way as I can sell these at my craft market and then use the money to buy more stash. You can't sell scrapbook pages.

Through scrapbooking I have found sewing, knitting, altered art, stamping, painting, etc. Once I had had a go at these, there was no going going back.

In terms of retailers offering people what they want, I would like to see them stock good quality card blanks so I don't have to trek all the way to the Papermill every few weeks.

Typical phrase: "Ooh I could scrap that!" Nabview's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I too don't upload here as it's time consuming compared to my blog and Flickr where you can share more closely detailed shots. And I do think Iuse my blog now as a place to get feedback and share ideas - which I used to rely on UKS for.
    Find me on my blog: Notes on Paper; on Twitter: @notesonpaper and here on Pinterest.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I voted for scrapbooking. I have never uploaded here anyway I just put on my blog it's easier. As for not shopping, I do still do quite a bit and after what I have spent today.... I think I am doing my bit to help the economy