Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

desperate help needed!

My daughter has a fatal muscle wasting condition called muscular dystrophy. To make her more comfortable we are tryingto raise funds for a powered wheelchair.
    We are holding an easter fete 2011 and would like to hold a easter card stall. We are looking for kind hearted people to donate easter cards to help us raise these much needed funds. And help little Sophie.
    Can you help? xxxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    there are lots of charities that provide powered wheelchairs for children like your daughter, have you contacted them. My friend got one for her son and it was very straightforward, she just needed official backing from her therapist / gp
    Whiz Kids, and The caudwell trust are just 2 that spring to mind. Hope that helps

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks bonjen3. We have talked to whizz kidz but have said she is on a waiting list for over 2 years. We really dont feel she can wait this long. So have decided to try raise the money for a chair for her xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (76)
    Hi.

I'm not trying to detract from your situation or indeed that of Sophie but do you not think that people may be a little wary of sending stuff to someone that has only just joined UKScrappers today and whose first post is to ask for something?

Do you not have any craft groups/charities etc nearby that may be able to help you?

Please don't take this post the wrong way as it's not meant to offend....just that some people have been stung before through trying to help other people out.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Jo, I do understand you message.
    I was given a link to ukscrappers from a friend who did a appeal to rasie money for a little girl with cancer. She recived 800 cards. We are so desperate I thought i would try too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    hi Godber1982,you may have more luck putting a request in this section-http://http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=388HTH x
    Take care,
    Nickyx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I cant seem to open the link?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by godber1982 View Post
    I cant seem to open the link?
    Try this one

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Still cant open the link maybe it is because i am a new member. Thanks any way thought it was worth a try xxxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    It could be. Try this.... click on FORUMS at the top of the page then scroll down and near the bottom click where it says charity events and requests and start a new thread with your message

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi everyone, I am the lady who suggested Sarah try on here for some help. I had lots of people help me with our charity event and received over 800 cards. we still continuing to sell the cards at diff events and are forever grateful.
    I have looked through the cards I was sent and can't find any Easter cards otherwise I would have donated some of our to Sophie's appeal for a new power wheelchair.
    I can vouch for Sarah and her daughter though, Sarah tries so hard to raise funds for things Sophie needs because the NHS won't fund such items, which I think isn't fair, that people should have to raise money to fund equipment for their childrens care and needs when they are poorly. They have enough on their plates trying to physically and emotionally care for their child without worrying about money to pay for items they truely need.
    If anyone could send a card or two that would be so kind of you and truely appreciated. I am going to try and sort through my craft items and see if I can find some inspiration to make some too.
    Thanks
    Michelle