Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Basic Grey Card kits

Hi

Has anyone bought and tried any of the Basic Grey card kits? I like the look of them for me as a novice card maker but wondered if anyone else had used them and if so, what they thought of them

Thanks

Hannah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I've had a couple, nice cards, 8 in each of the packs I got and there's a few spares in there too. You can make them up slightly differently if you like. Instructions aren't always that clear but you can usually work it out with the pictures.

The one disappointment in them is the cards are a little thin, (thin bazzill weight).

I don't know whether I would pay the £18 that I've seen some of them advertised at recently, but if you like the cards, they're easy to make up, full of good ideas and well worth it if you can get them at £10 I would say.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I agree with Fifi Hannah, the card is very thin in them, much thiner than bazzill. I'm not sure if you'd like them to be honest as they're a bit stick & go cards as everything has been done for you. I'm only mentioning this as you said in another thread that there wasn't much creativity in these kind of things. Don't want you to waste your money and be disappointed.
    I bought the childrens one when they were in the sale ( non sponsor) last year but to be honest I wouldn't buy them again. Much rather make my own.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks very much for your responses ladies. I haven't bought the kit now and opted instead for the Kioshi range of papers and embellishments and am hoping that I am creative enough to make some cards worthy of selling. At the very least, I am just hoping not to waste the papers lol! I have bought blank cards that are 250gsm so am confident that I have the right tools, it's now down to me! Am just scouring the net for inspiration now .......