Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

What is grunge paper

I have seen lots of talk about grunge paper and wondered what sort of paper it is.

I presume it has a special texture etc. as it is recommended for making paper flowers etc. Is there another paper similar in texture?

Needs some dedicated scrapping time!!! terri_ann87's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (40)
    Grunge paper is a Tim Holtz product which is similar to grunge board but as thin as paper/card. It is very hard wearing so it can be distressed, embossed, inked, stamped, cut etc.. It can be used in die cutting machines such as the big shot. Its almost a cross between paper and fabric.

Flowers can be made with normal paper or thin cardstock you don't have to use grunge paper.
    Terri
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Thanks for your answer.

I don't know what grunge board looks like either, so that was why I was curious.

I have made flowers from velum and normal card and they were OK, but have been reading about the grunge paper being better.

I did assume it was some sort of fibrous paper. I have something similar so will try that.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Here's video link to grungeboard that will show you what it's like. Grungepaper has the same qualities but is much thinner. It comes in a grey colour so whatever you do with it you would need to either ink it or paint it.The good thing about the grungepaper when making flowers is that if you shape them they stay put IYKWIM but you can make flowers with any paper/cardstock really.

http://www.timholtz.com/vid_grungeboard.html
    Gwyneth

Blog