Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Thread: Crossed Ribbon?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Crossed Ribbon?

Hi,
    I am looking to make a card with ribbon on the background that is crossed over to make 'diamonds' using brads at the 'cross joints' that I can then make my greeting be 'held' in with.
    I can find a pitcure to explain what I mean
    What I want to know is how to do this, I want to use a fairly opaque ribbon and I dont want pencil lines to be seen through, and im not sure how to attach it, should I do it on a separate peice of card and then attch ir to the front to the ribbon can be secured and hidden?
    I was to use 6x6 so that its square.

I hope someone knows what I mean, wish I could find a picture!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I haven't done this, so someone will probably be able to give you better advice...

However - if I were you, I would definitely do it on a piece of card so that you can tuck the ribbon ends behind it. Measure and mark where the brads will be, maybe, as the marks will be hidden by the brads but at the same time they will trace diagonal lines across the card which you can follow with the ribbon. So you've got both the fixing points and the line of dots to follow.

Is that any use???

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think I know what you mean. I agree with Nerlly, I would do it on a piece of card and then layer it on the card. Some ribbon frays on the edges and looks awful. If you have a ruler with gridlines it might be helpful to line one of the gridlines up with the first piece of catrd you attach and use the edge of the ruler as a guide to place the next - am I making any sense at all here? I have also found it useful to run pieces of ribbon through the Xyron sticker maker - adhesive ribbon is so easy to attach.

Hope this helps.

Mags