Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

How can I do this?

I am in love with Dustin Pike's digi stamps and have used them to create my DS2 birthday party invites and also Dustin has created me 2 pieces of gorgeous artwork for his birthday. Anyway I want to use some of his digi stamps for Liam's birthday card but I am struggling with what I want to do.

This is the main image I want to use - http://dustinpike.blogspot.com/2009/...wednesday.html - the 1st image. What I want to do is use one of his dragons in the gate opening on a slider or something, so that it can be pulled in and out of the opening. The problem is that I can't see anywhere for the dragon to hide cos the sides and the top aren't wide enough for it to hide behind. The other idea I had was to maybe put a door on the opening and just have the dragon behind it, but the way the stones are shaped around the opening I think it would look a bit odd.

So is there anyway I can do the slider, or has anyone any other brill ideas of what I can do, except just sticking a dragon in the opening (could put it on a springer I suppose??). Did think about possibly doing it on a side stepper card, and having loads of dragons on the smaller areas, but not sure about this.

Thanks

Kathie

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    You could make the sides of the card larger by positioning something like a tree at each side of the opening to make it wider so you could pop your slider behind? You can make 'trees' using a circle punch, layer three together one above the other two and then add a cut out trunk.

I think it would look cool with just the dragon on the inside of your card with the opening cut out of the front though
    Leo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you
    Yep think cutting out the door space will work well and placing the dragon on the inside of the card. Also should be easy enough for me to do a stone effect in photoshop to go on the inside of the card, to look like the inside of the fort/castle.

Thanks again, couldn't get brain working yesterday on how to get this looking a bit more fun for a 4 year old than a basic layered card.

Kathie