Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me???

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

oh well Is it me???

Is it me or are all tape dispenser's grief? have tried two different brands now and I have ended up with two that are all snagged up inside. I took the first one apart to sort it out, and ended up just using the roll of tape as I couldn't for the life of me work out how it worked now the new one I bought today has done the same thing after about six uses. This one will be returned tomorrow. Any advice gratefully received.

Tom

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Are you left handed by any chance Tom ?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

No more cack-handed lol

Tom

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Oh dear, sorry to hear this. I can't help, I'm afraid, as the only problem I have ever had with tape dispensers is when the cheap ones go a bit patchy. Never had one snarled up inside and I've tried quite a few different ones!

Only thing I can think of is that you're using it upside down, rofl!

Born to Shop ~ Live to Scrap pinkladymel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I used to always use tape rollers upside down and it would get all caught up inside itself and break... I'm SO forgetful!! Only think I can suggest is an E-Z Runner by Scrapbook Adhesives. They work like a runner but instead of glue, it contains loads of little strips of tape so it never gets clogged up. Saved me!!
    ♥♥ Come Visit My World♥♥

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Bin the lot of them and get yourself an ATG tape dispenser. Loads fo threads on here about them- they are fabulous, easy to use and don't clog up. Initial purchase price is about £15 but the tapes are a couple of quid each and last ages.
    Just looked- 3M have the guns on sale for a tenner now. Don't buy the tapes from there though. Gte the tapes from Directa as they're cheaper
    Heather
    No more swaps, in fact if I ask to join a swap please say NO
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

And I thought it was me ....

Quote Originally Posted by Griff110 View Post
    Is it me or are all tape dispenser's grief? have tried two different brands now and I have ended up with two that are all snagged up inside. I took the first one apart to sort it out, and ended up just using the roll of tape as I couldn't for the life of me work out how it worked now the new one I bought today has done the same thing after about six uses. This one will be returned tomorrow. Any advice gratefully received.

Tom

Tom

You have gladdened my heart, I thought it was me ! I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble but I'm sorry you are having problems. I can sympathise with you. Every time I try to use a tape dispenser it gets all snagged up and they are next to impossible to "unsnag". I just end up with sticky fingers and not sticky card!

Have bought several and all have ended up in the bin. I have decided to give them a miss from now on.

Jane

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    I am rubbish putting them together and I am left handed so I pass them onto hubby to get them started!!
    Take care,
    Nickyx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by persephone View Post
    Bin the lot of them and get yourself an ATG tape dispenser. Loads fo threads on here about them- they are fabulous, easy to use and don't clog up. Initial purchase price is about £15 but the tapes are a couple of quid each and last ages.
    Just looked- 3M have the guns on sale for a tenner now. Don't buy the tapes from there though. Gte the tapes from Directa as they're cheaper
    Thanks for the replies all

Have just been on the 3M website and ordered an ATG they look to be a proper bit of kit

Tom

View Gallery

I am bobbins with tape dispensers and nope not left handed, and am fed up of trying to peel back DS tape, I need a gun!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Tom- you won't regret it at all. Ruth- go for it, they're on offer at the moment
    Heather
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I use the little blue tape dispensers, is that what we are all talking about. They did have a bad batch which unravelled inside and I returned mine for replacements. I use tons for charity cards without any problem and a wholesale store (can I say who) have just started selling them in packs of 6 for £12 - 15m in each.

Yes, I am cack-handed, gammy-handed or left handed but don't have any problems because of it - except with scissors!!!

I would like to know how much tape the ATG rolls have on them as it looks a lot but on some I've read that there seems to be less than on the blue ones I buy which have 12m.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Another fan of the ATG tape gun...brilliant and the tape sticks everything very firm.....so if you are scrapping and want to move stuff...I suggest you have a repositionable tape dispenser too.

There is 30M on the rolls of ATG tape and these ones are also acid free....and I pay less than £1.50 a roll inc VAT and postage (I order 20 at a time).
    Caz
    x
    Last edited by CraftyCaz; 15-03-2010 at 01:11 PM.
    My Blogeroo please drop in and say hello

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    I use the little blue tape dispensers, is that what we are all talking about. They did have a bad batch which unravelled inside and I returned mine for replacements. I use tons for charity cards without any problem and a wholesale store (can I say who) have just started selling them in packs of 6 for £12 - 15m in each.

Yes, I am cack-handed, gammy-handed or left handed but don't have any problems because of it - except with scissors!!!

I would like to know how much tape the ATG rolls have on them as it looks a lot but on some I've read that there seems to be less than on the blue ones I buy which have 12m.
    The stuff I buy is £1.89 for 44m
    Heather

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wow, that's great value. I have looked into this before but don't know what on earth I was looking at because there certainly wasn't 30m on a roll.

Okay, I've found the gun but I'd prefer 12mm width of tape if poss. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I can see it on the directa website but have to spend £15 min. Can't see that thickness on the 3M website except at around £8 per roll for heavier duty gluing. Help!