Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Thread: 3D decoupage

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

3D decoupage

Hi everyone,
    I've been trying to make my own 3D decoupage sheets on Photoshop Elements and I'm stuck! I can do the cutting out bit but it's the putting onto one sheet that I don't get - can anyone help?
    jez x

Senior moments? I thought they came in MONTHS!!! new2this's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (124)
    Is this the sort of thing you had in mind?

May I ask how you did the "cut out" bit? as it changes how you get the piccies onto one page.

The picture on the top right is all the layers, with a slight drop shadow for depth. The other one is just the background layer, then the individual "cut outs" each one done as a layer to itself and merged at the end of the session.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Frances. My Blog

View Gallery

Hi, I'm so pleased to find your reply. I have been going round the bend trying to work out how its done lol. I'm using the magic extractor as I'm rubbish at the lasso tools. I get the cut outs onto seperate layers but when i try to merge them at the end, they all go on top of each other so we're back to square one again. Are you able to tell what I'm doing or not doing when i merge? I haven't been using Photoshop Elements very long although have had it installed for years. I have Elements 5 - a bit old and basic but not too basic I hope.
    Thanks again. All the best Jez

Senior moments? I thought they came in MONTHS!!! new2this's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (124)
    I am assuming that each of your layers has one piece of your finished 3-D picture on it, yes? Are they all in the same place on the page ... ie one above the other covering the background piece? and that is why they all merge together at the end.

I put my background in the top corner, then I duplicate that layer however many times I need for the 3-D pieces. Using the "move" tool, the arrow one, move each layer individually away from the background and cut out the pieces you want on each layer. If they still overlap, just move them into a better position with the arrow. That way when you flatten the layers at the end each piece has some space around it. Try it and see if it works for you.

By the way, I have only just upgraded from PSE4 ... so even older than your version!!
    Frances. My Blog

View Gallery

Hi Frances,
    I can see now what I was doing wrong. It's logical to put each cut piece in a different area isn't it but I'm not known for my logic lol. Thank you so much. I'll go straight away and try it out.
    All the best
    Jenny