Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)

Quickutz Epic Six... Help Please!

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help me, I'm getting so frustrated (I could almost cry)!

Have just picked up my new Epic six from the delivery company and can't get it to work. It doesn't come with any instructions apart from 3 pictures on the box, I have watched a few u-tube videos and I'm not sure if mine is broken.

I have 3 plates the grey cutting plate, black embossing plate and a clear plate. When I stack the grey and clear plate together they won't fit through the rollers, they definitely won't go through with a sissix 4x4 die sandwiched between the plates. I'm trying to feed it through from the handle end, turning the handle towards me but there is no way it's going through the rollers. Have tried staggering the plates but makes no difference.

I have tried putting the sissix die between the black embossing and clear plates (with a sheet of cardstock) and it will roll through until I get to the die at which point it gets so tight I don't want to force it as I'm sure it will break.

Not sure what to do... am I doing something wrong? Have already managed to chip a bit off the white roller cover.. was really looking forward to this arriving now I don't know what to do..

Please help!

Thanks

Liz

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    For cuttlebug and sizzlets you use the dark grey (embossing) platform as the dies are thicker than quickuts, cutting side up, then place your card/paper then you put the clear mat and roll through.

If you go to the quickutz website there are some videos which explain the different dies.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

Plates

try using the black embossing plate, a red sizzix die, face up, cardstock and then a clear plate This stops you cutting into the embossing plate. To use an original thicker sizzix die you need 2 clear plates and I think it only comes with one if memory serves so you might need to buy another one. Hope that helps,

View Gallery

I'm really confused now... I've looked at lots of videos and links and my light grey plate seems to have a few mm of clear plastic stuck on top which doesn't seem to be there is any of the pictures. If i put the clear plate on top of the the grey one with nothing between it won't go through the rollers.. it's too thick.. that can't be right, can it?

Have tried the sizzix with the (black/dark grey) embossing platform as described by Jayne W and Jen1 but it is way to tight and I don't want to force it.

Did anyone get instructions with theirs? I think I will need to contact the supplier. I presume it should just work straight out of the box.
    Last edited by Wizbit; 13-01-2010 at 11:57 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    I think I'm right in saying that the clear plastic 'shim' means you have one of the latest releases of this machine - ie. the "adjusted" model which was meant to solve a number of problems with it.

If you don't get any luck on here I'm more than happy to try and get some info for you from friends on a US based forum (run by a QK retailer, and I know a lot of the members own this machine in one format or another - and a lot of them have had/are getting the original replaced by QK as it gave up the ghost on them)

View Gallery

I have emailed the supplier to see if they can help.. I am bitterly disappointed and have got my OH to watch the U tube video and check it doesn't work to prove I'm not going mad!... I even told him how much it was.. he was very shocked!

View Gallery

Why don't you e mail Quickutz direct. When I had a problem with the Revolution I did that and they emailed back very quickly.

View Gallery

Let us know how you get on.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I have just found these videos....hope they help you

herethere are 4 videos which look like they might answer your questions
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    My Epic has the clear plastic shim on it too, but it does work ok, this is because it's the revamped model, it made a terrible cracking noise when it first went through though!!

The light grey platform is for cutting, so you should have this, your die, your card and the clear plastic cutting mat. If it won't go through (and I didn't have to force mine at all), I would contact the supplier.

QK do have a demo on their own website, which I would trust more than u-tube!!

Hope this helps

Sarah

View Gallery

Thank you for all of your replies. The supplier has got back to me and is going to try and get hold of the instruction booklet for me. I have watched the Quickutz videos and followed them and I definitely can't fit the clear and light grey plates through the rollers when they are stacked on top of each other so I've emailed quickutz, so fingers crossed they can help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    If you are using a Sizzix Bigz die you need the cutting mat (clear one of the 3 included) then the die, then card or paper and then you need to purchase an additional cutting mat.

View Gallery

Am very impressed, Quickutz replied at 9pm last night- They have said from my description it sounds like I have the wrong plates and they will send me some replacement ones . Will let you know what happens when they arrive. Thanks again for all the help, I knew I could count on you for some advice.

View Gallery

Glad they could help. Hope the new plates work when they arrive. I know they were very helpful and quick when I contacted them.