Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)

Exclamation World Cardmaking Day - The Challenges

To celebrate World Cardmaking Day on Saturday from now till then we're going to have some special cardmaking challenges. Everyday there will be two challenges for you to take part in one in the morning and one in the Afternoon. All the challenges will be posted in this thread (I'll update this first post with the new challenge as we go along) so you can pick out what you'd like to do when you're ready.
    When you've finished a card post a picture of it in this thread (if you're not sure how to do this have a look at Nat's guide here) noting down which challenge it is for. There will be prizes for some of the challenges too we have prizes and challenges from:
    Happy Daze, Craft Superstore, Forever Memories For You, Cleo Crafts, Scrapping the Magic, Creative Treasures and from me too.

You can enter as many challenges as you like all I ask is that an individual card be made for each of the challenges and not combined on one card. The deadline for completing your cards for any of the challenges (or all if you're up for it!) is midnight on Sunday the 4th of October.

Ready to get started? Here we go with the challenges.....

Wednesday:
    Morning challenge: We're going to kick off with a fun simple one, Creative Treasures wants you to make a card that has blooms, bling and ribbon. There's a chance to win some Prima goodies for this challenge!

Afternoon Challenge: The next challenge is from Happy Daze who want you to make a card that features the colours turquoise and brown and incorporates something circular. There's some more Prima goodies and cards to be won for this challenge too.

Thursday: We're having a spooky filled day of challenges today

Morning Challenge: Tina from FMFY has a fantastic haunted house template for us to use in this first challenge (see files attached to this message). You can download the file as a PDF to cut out with scissors or if you have a Craft Robo there's a gsd file too. These would make great Halloween decorations! Have fun.

Afternoon Challenge: Next we're off to Cleo Crafts who want to give away a treat of a Halloween card kit to one luck winner. Now we all know the silly trick or treat rhyme, "Trick or treat smell my feet give me something good to eat". I want you to make a card inspired by this rhyme. Have fun!

Friday:
    Morning Challenge: This morning's challenge is for all you Rudolph fans! Scrapping the Magic are feeling festive and have already been decking the halls of their online store with Christmas goodies! In celebration Jo would like you to make some Reindeer themed cards and one lucky winner of this challenge will be festooned with a lovely Christmas kit. Have fun!

Afternoon Challenge: I'm going to set you a challenge now and I've got a yummy Let it Snow clear stamp set from Elle's Studio to give away to one lucky winner! I want you to make a card that has glitter something recycled or re-purposed and polka dots! Get going and have fun!

Saturday: Happy World Cardmaking Day!
    Morning Challenge: This is the final challenge to play along with and it comes from Craft Superstore who have a wonderful card kit prize to give to one lucky winner. The Craft Superstore want you to take inspiration from their logo that uses three elements and use three of one thing on your card, what you pick is up to you as long as it comes in 3. Have fun!

Afternoon: Time to catch up & complete all the challenges! You have until Sunday Midnight (GMT) to complete any of the challenges you're working on so we can pick out some winners. Happy Crafting!

Have fun & happy crafting!
    xx Leo

Winners

We decided the best way to dish out the prizes was with a draw so here we go!
    Everyone who entered a card for each challenge was given a little tag and popped into a bag - I know not very glam but it's all I've got to hand

Each draw was made individually for each challenge (based on who entered cards for them) and these are the results........

Winner of the Creative Treasures challenge is:
    Fifi-T

Winner of the Happy Daze challenge is:
    Jo

Winner of the Forever Memories for You Haunted house challenge is:
    marion82

Winner of the Cleo Crafts challenge is:
    tracygough

Winner of the Scrapping the Magic Rudolph challenge is:
    Silverst170

Winner of the Crafty Templates (from me) challenge is:
    Fifi-T

Winner of the Crafts Superstore challenge is:
    TracyG 04

If you're a winner PM me your details and I'll pass them on (with your permission) to the relevant sponsors so they can get your prizes out to you.

xx Leo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CraftyPrincess; 05-10-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Leo

View Gallery

Next challenge has been posted up. I've made a card for the first one will see if I can get a photo done.
    Leo

Would be a dedicated scrapper if I wasnt a dedicated UKS'er! TracyG_04's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Only just seen this now! Out tonight, but will try to get some done tomorrow!
    My blogMy craft blog

Stocking swap

View Gallery

No rush Tracy the deadline isn't till Sunday night.

I've just done a quick piccy of my card for challenge 1. Made it mostly with stuff I had out already on my desk. Papers are October Afternoon and bookprint paper, the blossom is a Prima one, the bling is a really old butterfly gem embellie I've had for an age and the ribbon is from Ribbon Oasis.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Wednesday Challenges
    The papers were made with photoshop and then printed on my laser. I used colored cardstock for background ribbons and blings...hope you gonna like them!
    I love walking in the rain because no-one can see that I'm crying...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    just seen this too love blooms /ribbon will have to play
    well done Marion love your cards

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    Had a quick go used lots of bling

For Wed am challenge.

Sorry about the shine I embossed flowers onto the silver card.

View Gallery

Next challenge is up. I know Tina has some fab samples of the haunted houses to share too.
    Leo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Here's some Pictures of what can be done with this template....

I have to add I didn't make these before I get told off... I designed the template and then Janet, Ronnie and Lynne made up
    Last edited by silverst170; 01-10-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Wow, they are amazing Tina!
    Not sure I have the time (or patience) to handcut the bits though.
    Wonder if I can make a similar design on my CDS for the cricut?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    the house looks amazing, but I don't have a printer so is a hand drawn approximation ok? cos this has really got me inspired

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Sam Pm me I have svg if you have scal,
    I also have KNK, WPC AND AI if you intend to join the challenge.

FifiPlease go ahead
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper Scrappy~Sarah's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Leo for the link....the House templates are FAB..thanks...now to find time to do them

Sarah

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    fantastic cards everyone, i love flowers, ribbon and bling, its my favourtie combination tina i love your haunted house, its gorgeous

Tracy