Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav View Post
    Managed to pick the Scrapbooking one up in Andover another great magazine and loved the supplement.
    Hi Sav

Pleased you like this issue after the recent problems we had, all is back on track now.

Kev

What have we here Watson? misteejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendsPublisher View Post
    Hi Mistee

My home town did forget, its frustrating, but then as said before, its impossible to see what all stores do every issue, we can see they receive copies from the reports we get, but who knows where they go from there.

But to be fair to WHS, most are isolated cases, and as we have found out recently, its not only the retailers who get things wrong.

Kev
    Kev, the WHS I use most is the one near where I work in Stratford (East London) and it is a fair size store. To give them their due, there haven't been any real problems with your mags other than I have noticed a sudden increase in stock just before the next one is due which would indicate that they haven't been restocking the shelves. I also know from past experience that the staff don't check their stock properly - they insisted on one occasion that if a mag (exclusive to them) wasn't on the shelf it was cos that branch weren't stocking it - turned out that they had loads sat in the stockroom for nearly two months

http://misteejay.blogspot.com/
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mags40 View Post
    I got my Scrapbook Trends yesterday and despite having post this morning still not got my copy of Cards. I like the glossy paper but think the photos still look a little dark and I too have seen many of the Xmas lo's! Where's the 2009 lo's?
    Mags

I will answer that for you.

because our print schedule changed (and you have noticed this the last two months) and we were pushed for time to get most of the 2009 Xmas LOs from the USA, so in a nutshell and because ST is new to many scrappers in the UK, we had to use some of the 2008.

Now people who have subbed to the USA copy would already have seen some of these LOs, the majority hadnt. We will catch up with that in time.

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by misteejay View Post
    Kev, the WHS I use most is the one near where I work in Stratford (East London) and it is a fair size store. To give them their due, there haven't been any real problems with your mags other than I have noticed a sudden increase in stock just before the next one is due which would indicate that they haven't been restocking the shelves. I also know from past experience that the staff don't check their stock properly - they insisted on one occasion that if a mag (exclusive to them) wasn't on the shelf it was cos that branch weren't stocking it - turned out that they had loads sat in the stockroom for nearly two months
    Hi Mistee

Going to show my age here but............

If you go back some 10 or so years,(cough cough or many more lol) WHS had dedicated magazines managers who knew everything.

But times change and I think that dedicated role went.

But I do it myself, and its my home town store thats a major culprit. I go in, mags not out, I ask if they stock, they say no, I say am the publisher, they look blank, mags then found. To a publisher, thats not good news, as the cost to market can be very significant, and I dont just mean print cost.

But also years ago when I first started in the industry, there wasnt as many magazines as today, so I guess its the nature of the beast we have to try and work with

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by brookes View Post
    Does anyone else find the editorial and letters page a little odd?
    Hi Brookes

I do as well tbh, but just recently not had the time to change this.

It doesnt flow as well as it should so will be getting changed in future, maybe from February 2010 issues.

kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygirl View Post
    Kev have some branches of whsmiths & Tescos stopped selling ST? I used to be able to get it from my local smiths and tesco's and cant find it this month.
    Thanks Louise xx
    Hi Louise

As said earlier, in discussions with large group to have all issues on sale all the time, including Simply Handmade, just bear with me till we agree.

If I can ask which is your WHS I can find that out easily enough

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Mine arrived today, looks good from a quick flick through
    Voucher isn't in the best of places though for those that need to cut it out. I thought it would have been at the back with the ads rather than backing onto a LO.
    Star

I saw the voucher, and it is not best placed, it would have been better with the ads, look out for next months issue, better placed and clearer voucher.

If the price point on SHM works for sales and income (need to keep me n ciggies) then might just look at other magazines at a similar price?

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cottonscraps View Post
    mmm just looked through my copy ... at the risk of being shouted down anyone who used to subscribe to the american scrapbooktrends just go and check out the december 2008 issue .. getting a little teed off now £6 down the drain
    Hi Cotton

I have answered your question earlier in thread.

If you realise not a lot of UK scrappers subscribed to the USA edition, then in the main, most LO's should be new to them

Those that do sub to the US editon,would see some Christmas LO's from before.

Not going to tell an untruth.

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cw18 View Post
    I take it that this mag is a copy of Dec '08 then? I thought we were supposed to be in-line with American verson now
    Hi CW

We are, but in some cases like Christmas LO's, timescales dictated we had to use some 08 content for these only.

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Hellosister View Post
    I think it is the 26th November, just in time for my birthday!

Barbara
    Hi Barbara

Spot on, and it should be in ALL WHS High Street stores.

There maybe a very special editon next year also, and Mini Albums

Kev

Scrappin' in my cabin... starbeval's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Got my copies of ST and Cards yesterday, love them both including the supplements

Kev, I'm sorry to say I agree with the comments re the editorial and letters pages, but it's nice to know you're reading and taking on board our little gripes

I'm looking forward to SHM next month, I'm not sure about a mag for mini albums, I'd like to see one first, but it might be the financial side of things that would put me off - 4 mags at £6 each every month would be out of my budget, I'm afraid...
    Sue

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cottonscraps View Post
    Not 100% but the christmas supplement is lifted out of the Dec 08 one and the mjority of the LO's in the main mag are too - thought I had a feeeling of deja vue when I looked through it just now so searched the dec 08 one out
    Hi Cotton

Majority of mag, seasonal themes apart is from USA Nov 09 issue, if you can double check for me, as the files I recieved were from 09 issue?

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by starbeval View Post
    Got my copies of ST and Cards yesterday, love them both including the supplements

Kev, I'm sorry to say I agree with the comments re the editorial and letters pages, but it's nice to know you're reading and taking on board our little gripes

I'm looking forward to SHM next month, I'm not sure about a mag for mini albums, I'd like to see one first, but it might be the financial side of things that would put me off - 4 mags at £6 each every month would be out of my budget, I'm afraid...
    Star

So do I, hence why it will change, it just doesnt flow at all, I can see that and will change that, needs to flow with the same design as all the magazine side.

I did say above, in a subtle way, if the £4.99 price point works on SHM, we may, just may, review prices on all magazines.....................lower.

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    brilliant kev how much will they be?
    Hi Lee

Initial costing show a price point of £3.99

Kev

Dedicated Scrapper happyscrappers3's Avatar
    View Gallery

This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.