Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Diamond fold card

In issue 2 of the new Creative Cardmaking magazine on page 23 there is a 'diamond fold' card where the 'diamond' is at the top of the card. The instructions use a Helix lines and waves board and give no measurement! They say use a sheet of A4 but the diagram is NOT A4 shape. The only instructions I can find online are for a short card that looks a bit like a wrapped sweetie IYKWIM.

Does anyone have instructions 'cos I want to make one NOW!
    Last edited by Suky; 13-04-2009 at 04:23 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Since you're going to end up with an equal sided diamond, and the long vertical score line divides your card in half, the shorter horizontal line will be the same distance down as half the width across to get the two squares at the top. A4 is 210mm x 297mm so the squares will be 105mm.

HTH

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanks, Rosemary. In fact I picked up a card magazine at my local craft shop and there it was All the measurements, everything !

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Yes it seems to be everywhere at the moment! There's a magazine out with a shaker version too! I've also seen an alternative version on Create & Craft where the top was cut off and the diamond made separately. I took down the details on a scrap of paper which has disappeared somewhere into my junk heap - erm - to do pile....

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

A Butterfly Lives For Just One Day, But Has Time Enough. CelticSkye's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh, found this thread whilst searching for the answer I posted on the CR Forum. I am still non the wiser, but I am sure Rosemary will soon point me in the right direction.
    *~Skye~*