Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help please someone!!

Birthday card disaster!!
    Made a brilliant card about six weeks ago. Kept it to one side.
    Today is the big day, got the card out this morning and found that the double sided tape I used to stick the backing paper to the card has gone black and is showing through the paper.
    Why why why? The tape was labelled acid free, but the card I used was quite dark. Is this why? More importantly, is there anything I can do that is a quick fix other than chopping it about?
    So disheartening because we all know how long it takes to make these cards, especially when it's layers of decoupage sitting on top.
    SOB!..(That was as in "cry" by the way...not the other thing...although that's how I felt this morning...lol)
    Anyway - any suggestions welcome.
    SpeedBird

View Gallery

Oh I am sorry to hear that! Can you add a border of some kind over the top of the part where the tape shows through. Perhaps using a border punch or decorative scissors? It might be worth putting a photo of the card on here so that people can see exactly what the problem is

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Could you put a border/frame around it, either will peel offs/ribbons or a shade lighter or darker of the backing paper you've used then edge that with a peel off border?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks so much for your suggestions.
    Gonna try them as soon as I get indoors.
    Won't have a lot of time though because we have to leave to go to the birthday party it's for. Oh how I wish I looked at it last night.
    Anyhow - my next question is, what do all you guys use for sticking?
    I'm not talking about decoupage or embellishments, I'm ok with that, but I have always used double sided tape but turns out it is not reliable.
    Any techniques you can throw my way on this?
    I've seen sticky dots and the like advertised but they don't look strong enough to me.
    Any clues?

SpeedBird x