Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Thread: Aqua Promarkers

Dedicated Scrapper heather scrappy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Aqua Promarkers

Has any one used the aqua promarkers and what do you think?

I bought a set of the normal promarkers at the weekend and I can't seem to blend them like I thought I would be able to

I went onto the letraset site and noticed that you get get aqua promarkers that are water soluable and can be blended like water colours. I thought these would be better for stamping

any comments would be appreciated !!

Flowers, flowers bring on the flowers. belleooo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (31)
    Hi. The Promarkers are alcohol based and I haven't yet found a good way to blend them. I personally wouldn't apply them directly to a stamp either. You could experiment my letting the image dry and then going over the edges to produce a darker effect (shadow). Or apply a slightly darker shade where you want shading. Don't forget to use as non-alcohol based ink pad to stamp the image. Staz-on is a no no unless you let it dry fully. I use impress and it's perfect for the Promarkers.

The Aquamarkers I have not had chance to use yet (though I have some somewhere, lol). My understanding are that they are water based? And perfect for watercolour effects. Which include blending. You would use a alcohol based ink pad like staz-on for stamping. HTH.

View Gallery

thanks for your advise, Belinda, I thought that a few more members might have tried them, but never mind. I will be buying some and trying them.
    I wonder how everyone gets such professional looking results with thier promarkers as my colouring efforts look childish?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I've tried the Aqua Promarkers and you get a blender pen when you buy the set. The blender pen is useful for spreading the colours out. You can even pick the colour from the pen itself. Impt note: ensure you have the right paper for watercolouring otherwise you won't get a good result.
    Audrey
    DT member for 365 Cards & Scrap 365.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Aqua Promarkers is not alcoholbased but waterbased and are very good to blend out lighter.
    The colors are very much like Distress Inks, i.e. the color is just getting lighter when blended with water and do not brake up in other colors and are very full of color pigments.
    Several other water based markers and ink pads brake up in other colours when blended with water, i.e. red looks like orange or pink instead when blended with water.

Aqua Promarkeds can be used as other waterbased markers with regards to stamping, f.inst.:
    - ink the stamp and mist stamp with water before stamping on paper and you'll get an aqua effect on the paper
    - brush the marker on acryl block and pick up the color with another brush for detail work or
    - blend it with water for a lighter based color to be picked up by another brush or
    - blend with another color to get a third color

View Gallery

OK, I am liking the sounds of these pens more and more.

What paper do I need to buy? Does it need to be specifically for watercolours? And what inkpad do I need to use for stamping? The one I was using to stamp keeps bleeding even when I have left in overnight to dry.

Where has everyone bought theirs?

Many thanks