Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: give up :(

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

give up :(

i have written posts a few times regarding my wedding invites and i just cant seem to come up with any promising ideas. i so desperatly wanted to have them hand made and by me if possible but with us moving in three weeks time and lack of money im finding it impossible to get time let alone ideas.

my colours are blue, silver and white and we wanted a butterfly themed invite. I have 35 invites to make for day guests and wanted to do a pocket fold so i could include other bits of info but they are proving expensive, so was thinking maybe square with inserts held in by ribbon.

and then i have 20 evening invites and was thinking flat cards for them.

I keep seeing things i like but dont really want to be spending much more than a pound on each invite which is where it proves difficult.

has anyone got any ideas? or anyone do invites to sell?

im desperatly needing help now

thanks in advance.

please check out my blog http://vixensscrapping.blogspot.com/ updated 06/06/13 http://vixensweddingplanning.blogspot.com/ 26/08/09

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I haven't followed your other posts, but maybe you need to simplify things a bit, so that you can keep costs and time to a minimum? Could you use stamps, (or just one) and maybe cut some stamped butterflies out? If you have silver with your colours you could easily heat emboss the stamped images. If you really need ribbon, look on the auction site for cheap bulk buys.
    Hope this helps.
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    I'm just in the process of making some wedding cards. i think they will suit exactly what you want ... .they're similar to this ........

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...oss%20over

If you're not sure how to make them, I'll try and find instructions ... or failing that, if you have the papers that you want to use ... send em to me and i'll make them up for you,

As happy as a pig in muck!! jo.bee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    There are instructions for that cross over card on Monicas blog (Passionflower) They are easy to make - even I have done one!! {non-sponsor link removed}

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jo.bee View Post
    There are instructions for that cross over card on Monicas blog (Passionflower) They are easy to make - even I have done one!! ... scroll down to nearly the bottom
    You make beautiful cards Jo !!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi
    My DIL to be is making her own invites.. we are using one piece of A4 card. when it is cut and folded it looks like an envelope. ( it then fits into a foolscap envi)

The A4 is folded into 3 with the top part cut into a type of flap. the middle bit is where we have stuck a pre- printed invite, done on the computer. and the bottom third has an extra bit of card stuck along the bottom to make a pouch for the reply card and instruction on how to get there and where to stay, and wedding list details. The reply card is postcard size, again pre printed on the computer, addressed and stamped. evening invites will be the same.

hope you can make sense of this...

On the outside of the invite we have also pre printed the addresses and buttlerflies, that is before we started to cut and assemble the invite.
    Can't post a picci cos haven't got one yet.
    shirley

As happy as a pig in muck!! jo.bee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteri-CAL View Post
    You make beautiful cards Jo !!!!!
    I wish that was my blog - but its not I'm afraid!! Monica makes gorgeous cards - I make a mess.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jo.bee View Post
    I wish that was my blog - but its not I'm afraid!! Monica makes gorgeous cards - I make a mess.
    Jo - i was talking about your blog - your work is fab !!!!

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Don't make it too complicated for yourself and you won't feel so bogged down Keep it simple - use a normal card blank you can get packs of 50 nice card blanks & envies for about a fiver. Use something quick and simple for your butterfly shape like a butterfly punch - borrow one if you haven't got one in your stash - Maybe two little silver butterflies glued to the corner of a piece of blue card? You could stamp or print your initials on the piece of card?
    When it comes to putting them together have all the pieces ready to assemble and then just put them together like a mini production line. Pop your extra bits inside the card - put them in the addressed envelopes and you're done. I've made them before 50+ at a time and I know if you're not organized or you try to do something with lots of steps it's more steps that can go wrong .

ETA - just had a little play while I was tidying up - really inexpensive idea but I think it looks really cute - bookprint paper (you can use an old book) - cotton just wrapped around it and a couple of punched out butterflies in sliver with glitter on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CraftyPrincess; 25-03-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Leo

So many ideas, so little time .... Mole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Another way of making butterflies would be to buy some silver peel-off butterflies. Peel them off and stick them onto tracing paper (you can buy this cheaply in whsmiths or a stationers). Cut them out and bend the wings up on each side of the body. You can colour the underside of the wings with markers or whatever is you want some colour. Then stick them down using just glue or 3d fixers on the body bit, so when you affix them the wings stand out from the invites. They actually look very delicate and effective.

Member of the BLUE BRADS and SCRAP & TICKLE teams.
    http://molescreations.blogspot.com/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I've done some butterflies using vellum and peel offs and colouring and they look gorgeous. I hope you come up with something soon.
    Nic

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Do you like anything like this?
    Very quick and easy to do with a Cuttlebug machine and obviously you could have any colour scheme. My SIL recently made some for a friend's wedding, hers were in black and white with silver gems and I think she put ribbon down the spine too. If you wanted the front to say "wedding invitation" the easiest way would be to print it separately and then mat and layer onto the card (stamping gets very boring when you have lots to do IMO).
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Or peeloff butterflies on acetate and glittered. You can colour your peeloffs with permanent marker or "dedicated" peel off pens. Try silver coloured with a blue pen to match your theme. You can also stick 3 butterflies together to make 3D wings - fold each one in half sticky side out, then take stick them together like so: _\ V /_ The two end wings will attach to your card. A bit fiddly but very pretty.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thankyou everyone for your replys. you have been so helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobiesue View Post
    Do you like anything like this?
    Very quick and easy to do with a Cuttlebug machine and obviously you could have any colour scheme. My SIL recently made some for a friend's wedding, hers were in black and white with silver gems and I think she put ribbon down the spine too. If you wanted the front to say "wedding invitation" the easiest way would be to print it separately and then mat and layer onto the card (stamping gets very boring when you have lots to do IMO).
    your card looks gorgous. I dont have a cuttlebug, though im loving the dies and have a bigshot. which dies did you use for your card?

I been to town today and picked up -

wedding invitation peel offs and evening invitation peel offs
    silver adhesive stones
    indigo ink it up
    Denim heat embossing powder
    and a pack of Anita's A6 50 quality white cards and envelopes

the plan is to stamp the butterflys and swirls in some pattern and emboss them maybe use some of the stones and then some ribbon down the side to hold some inserts in. Going to have a play and see what i come up with.

I just got to work out how to print of the inserts and do a map and wording etc.

please check out my blog http://vixensscrapping.blogspot.com/ updated 06/06/13 http://vixensweddingplanning.blogspot.com/ 26/08/09

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    Make sure you come back and show us what you did with them.

Love CAz xxx
    12 day of Christmas swap