Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do or do not, there is no try! tobysmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarplum View Post
    I received some tonik paper in the post today so gave my promarkers a go but oh dear my results are awful!
    Dont know what I'm doing wrong if anything because I can acheive good results on other card with the same pen but as soon as I start using them on the Tonic the pens just seem to dry up The result is a very stratchy streaky looking uneven colour. The ivoryand other light colours actually seemed to be seperating in some way (or possibly its the coating lifting off as I put ithe pen on the surfaceand move itabout). I tried a few different colours but got the same result each time I have tried the pens on other card in case they had somehow dried out but they are fine on the concord card. Haven't tried it in the printer yet but hopefully it wil be ok so will keep the paper for inket printing but will continue to use the concord card for colouring with promarkers.
    Has anyone else tried it yet?

Same happened with mine too, the pen just dried up and the paper went all 'bitty', have gone back to my Whisper white for now, some paper from Staples has been recommended so might try that xxx
    Sarah xxx

Dipping in and out! Kamilicrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Oh gosh I feel responsible! Is this with promarkers too? How odd that the copics seem ok on mine. It was recommended by Paddywhite on here too!
    Grandmothers are just antique little girls

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by tobysmum View Post
    Same happened with mine too, the pen just dried up and the paper went all 'bitty', have gone back to my Whisper white for now, some paper from Staples has been recommended so might try that xxx
    thats exactly what happened with mine
    Kim dont worry You suggested the card in good faith and I will have no problem using it to print out on so it isnt wasted.

Do or do not, there is no try! tobysmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

Oh yes Kim, don't feel responsible at all, it will come in for something else, don't you worry xxx
    Sarah xxx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Just reading this thread and had to tell you that I have just tried Smooth Brilliant White in 330g from PDA Card & Craft and I thought it was brilliant! Relatively new to Copics and want to get it right. The colours glide on and blend beautifully. If you are ready to buy more card, I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I use Windsor & Newton Bristol Board or Rymans Lazer Copier Bright White Coated Card. Both are fab with copics and when using pencils with Sansador

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I have to say I bought some of the Tonik card recommended at the beginning of this thread and, like the other ladies, the results are truly awful! I am using copics as well and I can only conclude there is a mistake somewhere. I cannot explain it but I would urge anyone looking for card to avoid it at all costs !!
    Sorry to the lady who recommended it but it simply cannot be the card that you used in the photo. I will happily post you a sample of what we have all bought for you to compare if you pm me.

Always remember you're unique...Just like everyone else. dizzyblonde82's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    I have just bought my first copics and would be grateful if someone could recommend some good card or PM me a link to somewhere I could order some from, Thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (154)
    I have just rang PDA and they are sending some samples so that I can test my copics - have the ciaos, sketch, and originals and they thought they might have a few other papers that would be good for the copics. Great service from them. I have been using SU WW but I don't want to damage my pens as they cost too much. Thanks for all the help on here - will let you know if there are other papers that worked as well.