Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ------ robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Now theres a difference, for Bazzill I use the yellow cap and 2 cuts because it doesn't mark the CS as much as using the red cap and I've never reduced the speed since I got the machine.

Ray told me that the machines are made to cut fast and I shouldn't need to reduce the speed, I did do a couple of experiments but it didn't make any difference so I just don't bother.
    I learn something new every time I visit this forum. I'll have to try the two cuts on yellow then at a faster speed and see how that goes. I'd been doing it slowly because I thought that would be more accurate. I'd love to save my CS a bit too.

I'm off to recheck the basic instructions to remember how to do the two cuts at the same time ... think I know but need to be sure.

Take care,
    Erika

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Okay, just re-read Brian's hints. He said to copy and paste the design in robomaster and this would make it cut 3 times. I must admit I'm confused how that would make it cut 3 times. Does robo automatically cut 2 times and I didn't realize it. Am I missing something?

Take care,
    Erika

View Gallery

No... it must be a typo if you have the original design and you do a copy and paste it cuts twice, you would have to paste twice then it would cut 3 times.

I had a design once that was quite delicate and the tips of some it scuffed while cutting so I lowered the speed after reading things on here and sent it to cut a gain it didn't make a scrap of difference, the problem must have been the type of card.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks again, Lucille. I (I'm sure there are lots of others too) am very thankful that you chose to share your knowledge with us. You've spent lots of time figuring this out and are helping the rest of us same some time.

Take care,
    Erika

Kutter Krazy
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I've had my original blade for 2 and a half years and cut LOADS with it...i simply sharpen it on foil..i used to stick it to a mat but got sick of the mess now I just fold it over and over and make a pad and then run it around in smooth and curved lines..like new
    GINNY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain....
    http://my5bratzcreations.blogspot.com/

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by my5kids View Post
    I've had my original blade for 2 and a half years and cut LOADS with it...i simply sharpen it on foil..i used to stick it to a mat but got sick of the mess now I just fold it over and over and make a pad and then run it around in smooth and curved lines..like new
    Really? Wow!!! I'm thinking about how you would make a pad like you described....

Take care,
    Erika