Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    If it doesn't load try the screen shot way and send yourself a email with it and open on your mac I have done this in the past
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Sorry Tina, I've lost the plot to-day. Do you mean I should try to load my XP version on my Mac and see what happens?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
    You grow old because you stop laughing!!

View Gallery

I use Greetings Card Factory Delux Version 6/7 a lot. I mainly use it for setting out my text on the front and back of my cards and also for my inserts. The problem is .... This was alright on my old computer (XP) and I can still use it there if I want too. However I would like to load it in my new laptop which is an Apple Mac. I know you can get a Mac version of it. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase this. I have tried and am wondering if it is not available in the UK yet? Has anyone used this version on their Apple Mac?
    I am also wondering if it is possible to load my XP version into my Mac? I seem to be full of questions to-day! I do like GCF and it is so user friendly. There are so many ways to use the images on your cards which I have also done many times in the past.
    Bon Bon

View Gallery

If you can't load on your mac open in xp machine do what you have to do then screen shot the work, Edit in your graphics program and save as a jpeg.. then send via email to yourself and open and download onto your mac see if that works
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Doreen I was sure I had put it on the users group. Just noticed it on the CR chat. I have copied and pasted it on the user's group now. Have just checked and it is there!
    Thanks.
    Bon Bon

View Gallery

Thanks for your help Tina..... Not feeling my best to-day. I will see if I feel any better to-morrow and will give it a try then.
    Bon Bon

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    Doreen I was sure I had put it on the users group. Just noticed it on the CR chat. I have copied and pasted it on the user's group now. Have just checked and it is there!
    Thanks.
    Bon Bon
    I'm sure someone will be able to help you Bon bon

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    Thanks for your help Tina..... Not feeling my best to-day. I will see if I feel any better to-morrow and will give it a try then.
    Bon Bon

Hope you feel better
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Firewalls

Does anyone know of any FREE but good firewalls apart from Zone Alarm?

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I use Comodo Firewall Pro, but I believe this has now been merged with their antivirus software.

It seems to be regularly in the top rated free firewalls together with Zone Alarm & Outpost. My only gripe with it is that it sometimes acts as a real resource hog, and I've occasionally had to switch it off. Have a search through some of the reviews listed on Google and take your pick!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Help needed please. Could someone please tell me how I burn all my designs from 'my library' to a cd? I need to back them up as I am only allowed to recover them 3 times from the Silhouette on-line shop.

Thanks in advance.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You need a cd/dvd writer/burner ...if you already have one it should have come with software and instructions on to use it or there's lots of free software on the internet. I use Ashampoo burning studio 6.

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glynisevelyn View Post
    Help needed please. Could someone please tell me how I burn all my designs from 'my library' to a cd? I need to back them up as I am only allowed to recover them 3 times from the Silhouette on-line shop.

Thanks in advance.
    not sure what your library is, but can you not right click and choose copy and then load a cd or dvd and paste them into that.

then do edit> select all and i think its file>write files to cd/dvd

hope that makes sense

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

external hard drive problem!!!

Hi I just recently up dated my lap top for a newer model but before that i saved files and all sorts of things to an external hard drive. I am now having a problem connecting this hard drive to my lap top . When i plug in via a usb it ask if i want to format the disk as i do not i click no after this nothing i am not able to access anything on the external hard drive. I have connect or tried to connect to my daughters lap top same message and also my OH pc to no avail . Any one got any ideas on how i can retrieve the files from this before i do click on reformat. I am a computer not novice but not expert either so if any one has any ideas please in simple languge as the brain is commencing to mely down LOL thanks
    Sugerplum

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I don't have an external hard-drive, but once you've clicked no can you go to Computer and right click on the ext hard drive and click explore? My thought is that it may open up that way, not sure if it will work though.