Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

Giveaway of the day software

This is free till tomorrow morning...file recovery software
    http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Many thanks Doreen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lucylogic View Post
    Many thanks Doreen
    You're very welcome

View Gallery

I have a question about Microsoft Publisher - does anyone know if it has an array function similar to the one we have in DM?

I'm trying to create some scrapbook templates that give me a basic layout I can use again and again. I'd then be able to change the empty picture box in the template to a picture then print it out to save resizing each time (hope that makes sense). One I want to create is with a grid of photos but I'm struggling to line them up exactly so was wondering if there's an inbuilt function that would do it.

Thanks for looking and any help you can give me.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    You ought to have all sorts of options for displaying rulers and setting up page formats and guide lines, etc, and saving them as templates in Publisher, as AFAIK this is really an essential part of DTP. In Serif Page Plus which is what I use, these options come under the File menu button, so have a poke around. You could also probably use a table function which would give you a regular grid (this option is available in Word).

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Thanks Rosemary,

After lots of playing and consultation with Publisher help I've done it! It took a while, but makes making layouts much easier - by making a template with empty picture frames then selecting 'change picture' it puts the picture you want in and automatically resizes it - so much easier than resizing and arranging each individual photo.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Lucy x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    In Serif Page Plus which is what I use, these options come under the File menu button, so have a poke around.

Rosemary
    Oh, it is so good to find a fellow Page Plus user. I have been using it since the version that came on floppy discs!!

View Gallery

Can anyone recommend a small photo editing software please. I've got PSP and Picasa but I also want something that opens fairly quickly. I had Irfanview which was fine until I upgraded to the latest version (4.25) now it doesn't give the option to choose which format you want to save as

View Gallery

I don't know what version of Irfanview you are using I am really lazy about updating some programs, this being one of them mine is 4.2.5. I only use it for colourising, cropping and resizing for the web.

Can't you change the settings to open dozens of file formats, under Options > Set File Associations?

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I don't know what version of Irfanview you are using I am really lazy about updating some programs, this being one of them mine is 4.2.5. I only use it for colourising, cropping and resizing for the web.

Can't you change the settings to open dozens of file formats, under Options > Set File Associations?
    I set the file association when I installed it Lucille but when you want to save the graphic it doesn't give the drop down box so you can choose which format you want to save as, like the previous version did. Also some of the pictures just come up as thumbnails not the size the actually are. It said it was version 4.25 the previous one I had was 4.20. seems to have a bug. I've installed and uninstalled it twice but the problem is still there

View Gallery

It sounds like we both have the same version. I had to mess about with the size of the pictures to begin with, I don't know if this will help it's a screen shot of the Window settings I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    It sounds like we both have the same version. I had to mess about with the size of the pictures to begin with, I don't know if this will help it's a screen shot of the Window settings I have.
    Thanks Lucille I'm going to download it again and give it one more try

View Gallery

It seems to be ok now that I've changed the settings to the same as your's thank you. One more question where do I change the workspace colour to white instead of black...I can't remember where to look

I've found

View Gallery

It's Properties and Settings > Viewing > Main window colour (near the bottom)

Glad to hear you got the view sorted, have you got the plug in for resizing photo's for uploading to the Web? I got that a while back and think it's great just type in the size of the file you want, click the button and bingo all done and it doesn't make the picture smaller or degrade the image, I was quite impressed with it.

Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

rolling Email

Off topic I know but has anyone else got email problems with Outlook this morning. I am with Virginmedia cable. I can't send or receive
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them