Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My new motto... when hungry... scrap! Bellydancer's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)

Imagepac...grrrr...

I'm so fed up with this, can anyone offer any help?
    I got my imagepac a week ago and I'm having little success. I'm only using it at night in a dark room, I'm double printing on the film and sticking two togther. I know it's a black image as there is no light getting through the sucker except where i want it to. this is where the problems start.

Every stamp I've made bar two have been so solid they are unusable including one made from the artwork in the pack. I started by following the instructions and after trial and error I've highered the lamp to 9inches, 1st timer for 1.30 and second for 7 mins, this led to a more liquid stamp which a part of the image ripped off. GRRRR. So far I've used about £15 worth of sachets and got squat.

What am I doing wrong? Everyone else seems to get a perfect stamp!

By the way, the images are perfect just not raised enough to get a stamp from. The floor is too thick on every one except the rippy liquid one.

Any ideas?
    I'd love you to visit my blog and say Hi

View Gallery

Just had another go and again the stamps are rubbish. Beginning to think either I'm really stupid or the kit just isn't for me. I've contacted imagepac and I'll see what they say but I think this is going on an auction site at the end of the week.
    Sorry for the rant.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Imagepac

Sounds like your first exposure is too long. The longer the exposure, the thicker the set so reduce the first exposure which sets the back, turn over then expose front.
    Think I did 2 mins for first, turn over and 10 mins for second. Are you using an ordinary 60watt bulb? Daylight bulbs or halogen emit more UV which will increase the set per minute
    cant think of anything else.

Hope you sort it

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Can I ask what you are using to make your negative...

Is it a thin paper or a negative film ??

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Imagepac

Negative film from imagepac - heard you can use paper but havn't tried that.

x Michelle

View Gallery

If you are doing it in the dark with the lamp as the only light... and you have used the negative that came with the kit also.. I would suggest making sure that the sachets are at room temperature and that you warm the clamp up for a couple of minutes too before hand..

I would usually suggest that there is too much light coming from another source.. and that your bulb may be too bright or of the wrong type.. so this could be another thing to look at..

If you are still having trouble please do not hesitate to PM me and I will try to sort something out for you.

Nikki x

View Gallery

Yeah, I've tried all of this - paper, film, pitch black, warming sachets, warming clamp, shorter exposure. It's the 60W bulb supplied by imagepac, I'm lifting it higher than recommended and still bad results. I tried the pack images, still a poor image, I'm at a complete loss.

View Gallery

I am determined to get this sorted for you..

View Gallery

Hi, I bought the Imagepac kit about a year ago and got rubbish out as well - same sort of problems. I thought I'd wasted a lot of money. It's currently under the bed but am feeling a bit happier that other people are getting good results so will watch this space for tips and give it another try - thank you!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi, I had the same problems at first. I contacted imagepac directly and it seemed that the timer I had been given was faulty. They replaced it and sent me replacement sachets too. I was then able to get good results, but have to admit I haven't used it for a while.

View Gallery

Any problems... please feel free to contact me..

I work directly with Imagepac as a distributor of their systems.. and visit them with customer updates/issues..

So please let me know if you require any assistance.. would be glad to help..

It would be great to see all the Imagepac users getting their systems out again.. and making their own designs..

Nikki x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Imagepac have a customer service second to none if you ring them they will help you out.
    Jayne

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

When I first used the paper technique I had a few problems but Paul at Imagepac was very helpful. It appeared there was too much light in the room. Once I made the room darker I made a successful image.

I have the older version and always warm up the clamp for a few minutes before using it. I also position the lamp about 11" above the clamp (I use a piece of A4 turned "portrait" way round to gauge it). This seems to give a good image.

Evil Mean Bunnies worst nightmare jemm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    Quote Originally Posted by heleno View Post
    Hi, I bought the Imagepac kit about a year ago and got rubbish out as well - same sort of problems. I thought I'd wasted a lot of money. It's currently under the bed but am feeling a bit happier that other people are getting good results so will watch this space for tips and give it another try - thank you!
    I'll watch too because mine is gathering dust too. I am fairly happy that I did everything right on numerous attempts with continually awful results so gave it up as a bad job which was a shame as I really wanted this
    JAYNE
    Scrapping with the Squirrels
    10 OSCARS & a gold medal
    AIMS FOR TODAY.....Get up......Wind up an E.M.B......Go back to bed

View Gallery

If anyone would like my hints and tips sheet on using the Imagepac Daylight system.. please feel free to PM me..

I would love to get you all up and running again as the system produces outstanding results.. and usually there is something simple that can be rectified easily to get these results..

HTH
    Nikki x