Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Scrapbooking

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi, am new to all this, have just bought a craft robo and the mind boggles, I must be thick because I have had such trouble with it.* All I want to know is can you use Silhouette cds with these robo's and does anyone know of where I can get patterns for the robo?* I am after swirls and suchlike to go with my scrapbooking, have paper up to my ears, but no patterns.* Don't even know if I have the thing set up right.* H E L P ! ! !

These machines are difficult I think. All I want to do is get some swirls and flowery things going on with my robo, but you would think that they would get something like Silhouette going where its all on cd, from there you can adapt, maybe, OR in my case maybe NOT.
    Last edited by Lucille; 21-10-2008 at 04:01 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Welcome to the forum Edwina
    and you can use gsd's with your robo , If the Cd's are gsd files then yes you can use them.

You have to be a member here for 30 days before you can access out templates section which is full to the brim with beautiful Patterns for using.
    You must fill in the form at the top of the template sections page after 30 days

Up the top of this page there is a software class for you to join to learn if you would like too.
    Also we have a tutorial section

Hope this helps you
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

It sounds like you might need to read the Getting Strarted tutorial in the Robo Master section as well, so you can understand how the machine works as well.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    theres a font called sarus flower ding, which has loads of flowers that you can cut with the robo.

also try dafont do a google and type in swirls it should bring up dingbats for you.

dingbats act just like typing text you choose the letter that represents the image you want and you can resize them and cut them with robo only you get a cut design instead of text

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

If you also google silhouette images and save them as a jpeg you can use those.

In Robomaster, with a blank page click on Insert then File, go to where you've saved your silhouette image and double click it, then click on your page in Robomaster and then Autotrace. HTH

View Gallery

the Silhouette cds do work with craft robo i have the birthday and christmas cds.