Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I have a wallet, I'm very pleased with it. I like the way you can stand the pens up in order to use them, but lay them flat and close the case for storage.

Particularly pleased as the wallet only cost me £6.95! I may go back and get another one - it's a bit of a trek but if I take my student card this time I'll get another 15% off.

Actually, I'm assuming that it's the same wallet that everyone else has mentioned, unless they're going cheap because it's an old style?

it's here (has a tendency not to load, unfortunately, but you can check the auction site as there is usually a photo somewhere of the wallet in it's 'up' position, lol!)

Also see this blogfor a brilliant storage idea.

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Just bookmarking for when my pens arrive!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    my one set of 24 Trias are in a wallet and I have problems with them falling out when trying to close it usually, and with lids staying in the tubes when I take the pen out.
    My promarkers are in a Really Useful box with a pen organiser tray on top, which is O.K. so far. Somewhere I saw some organiser stacking boxes especially for pens such as Copics and Promarkers, will try and find where later.
    I think that if you store the pens horizontally the ink will come out either end with no problems but if you store them vertically you could find the upper end takes a while to work especially if they are beginning to dry out.

Kirigami~Origami~Jenigami JennieBean's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh dear, i think I committed a crime a crime, I got comips for my Christmas last year and they came in a clear plastic box, I left the copics standing in the base of the box, and used the lid to stand my promarkers in, it works well.

I also used a tiny butterfly punch to punch out white sticky paper, coloured each one with a promarker and then stuck it to the lids, so i know what colour each marker is from above.

View Gallery

How about THIS for an interesting solution - not horizontal storage however, which I know works best ....

View Gallery

Hi
    Saw a lovely idea on here on another thread where promarker storage had been made out of a dvd storage tower and some empty dvd cases. this looked a great storage solution, as at the minute I have mine in tubs hung up. which just isn't working for me.
    I went to Ikea took a couple of pro markers with me, as I had seen a dvd storage tray that fits in a draw. ( its a tray with 18 grooves in) the pro markers fit in the grooves.
    I purchased 3 trays. when I arrived home my DH cut them into 4 making 72 grooves. he is going to make me a dvd type storage rack to slot the trays into. this will be about 12 1/2" wide and 6 1/2" deep. when DH comes home from working away I will post some pictures. Hope all this makes sense, just not very good at explaining things.
    I have also stuck circles on the end of my promarkers and coloured them so I can see what colour they are.
    shirley

View Gallery

[/IMG]

at last here is the storage unit my hubby made for me from the 3 DVD storage trays cut into 3 from Ikea. the unit measures 131/2" wide and 11 inches high. not to sure if the piccy will appear, if not the photo is in my gallery
    shirley

View Gallery

Oh forgot to say it will hold 162 markers.. thought I had a lot when they were in tubs this little unit has freed up so much space for me on the work top
    shirley

View Gallery

Wow Shirley that's really good! I went for the Ikea DVD rack with DVD box shelves, but it isn't as this! On the other hand, I have a DH who is not at all handy when it comes to making things, so at least I was able to construct my storage by myself!

Unreformed Stashaholic
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    How about THIS for an interesting solution - not horizontal storage however, which I know works best ....
    Not promarkers storage, but I use these same boxes to store my S4 Spellbinders Wizard dies.

Saving my memories one page at a time Nixiness's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Little plastic drawers from the £1 shop for me! Cheap and works wonders. The drawer units stack too!
    Freestylers CJ Sept Stash PIFAug recipe card swap, Sept Stash PIF .
    I'm no on a strict no buying stash diet until I have used up half of what I already have or have used up all the photos I currently have printed. Whichever occurs first!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    Quote Originally Posted by lindadragonfly View Post
    just seen this on SCS

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=481180

love the toilet roll idea (covered to make it look prettier though)!!!!!
    I saw your post and had to have a go - not decorated yet but here it is!

Thank you!!!
    Lx

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    On the top left of this page, there is a coloured photo of some wooden storage (for some reason the item isn't showing up in the section) There is a little caddy in the right side of the pic, and I keep my markers in there organised by colour groups with coloured in stickers on the lids http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/ca.../series/08078/

View Gallery

I store mine in Ferrero Roche clear plastic boxes, the oblong ones measuring 30.5 x 16cms which I scrounge from friends. Each box holds 19 Promarkers comfortably, 20 at a pinch, and the boxes stack easily. I cut strips of A4 card (lengthwise) and put a streak of each colour on and pop that in the box and it can be seen without taking the lid off.