Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pro Marker Storage

Hi,

I have started collecting pro markers, they multiply pretty quickly so I was wondering how everyone stores theirs. I have read that you should store them on their side - any ideas especially cheap ones welcome.

Many thanks

Lisa

Need more hours in every day Julesmichelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I was told the other day that it is only the metallic ones that have to be stored horizontally and the colours can be vertical...which is why the manufacturers produce their own vertical storage for the pens. Not sure if that helps...I keep mine in a lined wicker basket that matches other baskets I use in my scrap area.
    JULES

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    I keep mine in a box with a lid on-sometimes a pain to find the colour I need though!
    Take care,
    Nickyx

memories are made of this maxinep's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I treated myself to the wallets that are made especially for them at first but really disappointed as the pens always fall forward when you open the wallet and the wallet wants to close so makes it quite difficult to work with. Have just bought a wicker basket from supermarket for £3 and the lay down perfectly in there, all 56 with room for more. Not so easy to see I suppose but better than before I reckon

Thanks for the responses I just have mine in an oversized pencil case at the moment and was hoping to find something better.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)

pen storage

I got some buff coloured cardboard boxes from Tesco (similar in Ikea and other places). I bundle similar pens with an elastic band and have a sheet stuck to the lid with sample of each pen, with id number.
    Hope that helps.
    Rosie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I store my Promarkers in the Hobbycraft stacker boxes, the deep ones hold 43 pens. I put browns, oranages' golds & creams in one layer, then Turq, blues, lilacs & greys in another layer and lastly Reds, pinks, peaches & Greens. I bought some tiny white paper discs from Rymans and coloured these with the actual promarker then stuck the coloured disc to the end of the pen. This way I can see exactly what colour I need.
    I bought 6 of the proper Letraset Promarker holders, but when I wanted to take the pens out with me, it was far too heavy. Now my little box with the handle on the top goes everywhere with me, just have to decide what to do with the Promarker wallets now!!

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I keep mine in a Paperchase lunch box, and they are very handy to cart about. Plus they keep horizontal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    oh heck!

i have just ordered a couple of wallets as my collection is outgrowing the biscuit tin! I should have checked first if they are ok.
    Kim

MY BLOG: Snippets of a Scrapdragon Points so far January 100

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Actually, I am updating this after a week of using my new Letraset promarker storage wallets. They are fantastic and very well designed. I have had no issues like the ones Maxine outlined above and wonder whether they have changed the design. I love them but its a same they only hold 24 pens!
    Kim

MY BLOG: Snippets of a Scrapdragon Points so far January 100

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I keep mine in these desk tidies from Muji: http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?...ub=63&PID=3566

They can be used to hold the pens either horizontally (and stacked if necessary) or vertically, and I find it really helpful to have them divided up by colour group (I'm not rooting around the bottom of a big pile of markers to find the one I want!). Not at all portable though if that's a consideration.

Jenny - a pink glitter gal
    Sep points: 0 SLO = 0; 0 DLO = 00; 1 CJ entry = 25; total = 25
    My blog.
    2010 target = 50, done so far = 12SLO

Dedicated Scrapper ethans mummy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapdragon View Post
    oh heck!

i have just ordered a couple of wallets as my collection is outgrowing the biscuit tin! I should have checked first if they are ok.
    Me too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapdragon View Post
    Actually, I am updating this after a week of using my new Letraset promarker storage wallets. They are fantastic and very well designed. I have had no issues like the ones Maxine outlined above and wonder whether they have changed the design. I love them but its a same they only hold 24 pens!
    phew really thanks for letting us know cos I was about to put mine on ebay lol xxx

avatar from heather benson lindadragonfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

just seen this on SCS

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=481180

love the toilet roll idea (covered to make it look prettier though)!!!!!
    Last edited by lindadragonfly; 24-02-2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Lin
    ---------
    The best things in life aren't things!

Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many.

Robo Raver
    View Gallery

This is my handmade storage for my promakers, and I can add to it as my collection grows and it does not take up loads of space on my craft table.
    message me if you want details on how to make.

[IMG][/IMG]

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I have a few promarkers now...not enough yet, but there you go. I searched on the net for ideas and came up with a blog entry showing a storage unit that was made from an Ikea dvd storage unit. Well being a bit financially challenged at the moment I wanted a cheaper alternative. I bought from an auction site a pack of dvd holders which were basically a little black plastic dvd sized tray which stacked onto each other. I filled every other one with an empty dvd case and used the spine to show the colours of the pens which are stored on the shelf above. You can store approx 13 pens per shelf, and by using the stacking dvd case option it means that you can build a storage unit to fit the gap you have. I don't have a picture at the moment, but can take one if you are interested in seeing it. Let me know if you are.
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)