Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)

New Users - If You Need Help - Please Read!!

If you are a new Robo user this Christmas and need help, there are some things that you can do to help yourself:

1) Read the FAQs which you will find in the stickies at the start of the topics in this forum. Some questions are frequently asked by (new) users so answers have already been collected together for you.

2) There are some good basic tutorials in the tutorials section of the forum: download, print, and read these to help you get started cutting.

3) If you received a copy of the Design Master software with your machine, there is an excellent downloadable manual available from the Graphtec Crafty Club website, and also a selection of video tutorials, some of which you need to purchase and some which are free - use the Crafty Club links to obtain these.

4) If your Robo was bought in the UK, please join the Crafty Club, you'll get special deals on various comsumables, and an extra year's free warranty. You will need the serial number from your machine to register.

5) The templates section of our forum is accessible to users who have been members of UKS for 30 days or more. Details can be found at the top of the Templates forum under the heading "Craft Robo Templates **PLEASE READ THIS !!" - please read this information and instructions and follow the link to register.

6) Read as many of the (recent) posts as you can, you may find answers to your questions have been answered here.

7) The forum has a search button to the right of the second red menu bar from the top. Learn how to use it; it's your gateway to masses of existing information about your Robos.

8) Help us to answer your questions: add a subject heading that describes your problem - much more useful than just typing "Help" as we can see at a glance what your problem is. Also help us by stating what, if anything, you've already done or looked at to try to resolve this yourself.

9) Look at some of the "How to" mini template design tutorials by susibi that have been brought up to the top of the new posts for you.

10) Look at the Christmas Newbies thread started last Christmas; many of the hints and tips were from people who were in your shoes this time last year! Feel free to add to them if you have something to offer that others may find useful.

And finally, enjoy!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks for this rosie.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Just want to say I LOVE your avatar Rosemary

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Thank you Rosy.

I had problems with the licence installation, but thanks to Phil, that is sorted now. My problem was that one of the files had saved itself with slightly the wrong name - but after correction, it went ahead with no problems.

I am now going to read everything I can find, as I'm frankly terrified of doing anything at all in case I break it! Lol!
    my blog

Scrapology - Proud to be part of this team! Fantastic prizes to be won every month!

View Gallery

ETA - I have found the solution to my other problem now I think. Phew.. this is hard going.
    jakey
    Last edited by xxjakeyxx; 27-12-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    my blog

Scrapology - Proud to be part of this team! Fantastic prizes to be won every month!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Just want to say I LOVE your avatar Rosemary
    it's one of my terrible twins - I love this photo too as Russie hated being dressed up and his face was a real picture of indignation! Am I cruel or what....

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by xxjakeyxx View Post
    Thank you Rosy.

I had problems with the licence installation, but thanks to Phil, that is sorted now. My problem was that one of the files had saved itself with slightly the wrong name - but after correction, it went ahead with no problems.

I am now going to read everything I can find, as I'm frankly terrified of doing anything at all in case I break it! Lol!
    You can't really break it! But what you can do though is post on the newbie's Christmas thread (or here, or start a new thread) with details of your problem and the solution - you may be able to point another new user in the right direction and save them some grief. That's what this is all about!

Rosemary

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think this is a great post!
    There are so many people using this site now, newbies can get a little lost!
    I have to thank all those who've helped me!
    Happy New Year
    Averil

I scrap therefore I am Becs Bunce's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Hi,
    I have just had a lovely robo for christmas and I dont know where to start!!
    Also cant seem to get my tutorial disc to play!

Will go and start reading posts!
    Becs

Nutter Extraordinaire!! scrappydiva's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks Rosy! I've had your old Robo for over a year now and still don't feel like I've done anything with it. This post has been a great refresher on where to find stuff as I feel completely overwhelmed everytime I go onto the Robo forum.

Thanks again!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Rosie

Very useful is there anyway i can mark this as a favourite
    as I want to come back to it when I get my new machine.
    Hugs
    Helen

View Gallery

I have to say - as a newbie - the information & help I have got so far has been second to none. I now have a notebook next to my PC and if I something useful in a post, I put the info into the book to keep as a reference - and its filling up nicely.

Cazz xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

how do I find the Christmas Newbies thread please?
    Tee

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTINA View Post
    how do I find the Christmas Newbies thread please?
    Tee
    Here is the Xmas newbie thread from 2006
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

Robo Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Becs Bunce View Post
    Hi,
    I have just had a lovely robo for christmas and I dont know where to start!!
    Also cant seem to get my tutorial disc to play!

Will go and start reading posts!
    I have had mine 6 months and never got my tutorial disc to play. Forgot I had it till i read this. Did anyone ever get it to play?
    June