Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Wow! The vectarization is fantastic. Would want it just for that alone. Oh I want it I want it! x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozeydora View Post
    Wow! The vectarization is fantastic. Would want it just for that alone. Oh I want it I want it! x

Me too. Have you signed the petition that rugersmum started on their site to see if we can get an upgrade rather that have to buy a whole new software?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've been on the site but it won't let me sign, I have pmd Chrissie to see if she can throw any light on it. It is just so expensive...my heart says yes, yes but my head says no! x

View Gallery

I've been on the site but it won't let me sign, I have pmd Chrissie to see if she can throw any light on it. It is just so expensive...my heart says yes, yes but my head says no! x

I've just sent you an email with a link. I couldn't pm the link it kept getting scrambled

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just sent you an e-mail...most of the link is missing, and I cant find it on the forum!! xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    its called FUNTIME SCRAPBOOKING DELUXE you can find it on the funtimescrabook website there is a download from monday but i think it is so you can have a look at the software because there is no cut function.

View Gallery

Just sent you an e-mail...most of the link is missing, and I cant find it on the forum!! xx

Just sent another one through my emaill account. hope it works this time

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by traceyjp1 View Post
    its called FUNTIME SCRAPBOOKING DELUXE you can find it on the funtimescrabook website there is a download from monday but i think it is so you can have a look at the software because there is no cut function.

I don't mind not having the cut function I can always cut through Robo but I think you can use the design function. As it's called Lite it should have some of the functions. It can't be downloaded till 12th Dec
    Last edited by DJG; 06-12-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh no i just bought this funtime software in September and then they bring out a new version!! aaa!! I can use the software fine but its when i go to cut out pictures is when it freezes on me!! i can cut text but the pictures i am having alot of problems with!

I want to enjoy my cutting experience but instead i am getting frustrated!! can anyone help me maybe??

thank you

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    It is just so expensive...my heart says yes, yes but my head says no! x
    Good software IS unfortunately expensive - it can take a lot of skill, time and money to develop, and programmers need to earn a living too. If you add to the equation the fact that computerised cutter software for the craft market has a very limited "customer base" in comparison to normal graphics software I actually believe the price is very reasonable (think Illustrator for example).

If finding the money is a problem, then don't be seduced by nice demonstrations - anything can be made to look like the ultimate cats whiskers in skilled hands. Look carefully at what you're offered, see if you actually NEED those features, and if so, whether you can find them elsewhere either cheaper or even free. So if you like the fact that Funtime can smooth jaggies, look at the possibility of using other graphics software to smooth your images before you import them and see if that helps. Or learn to hand trace, you get excellent results that way. Sometimes just a little time and effort on your part is all the solution you need.

But if convenience has a higher value than effort, then you may just have to bite the bullet and pay the price... And at this time of the year you always have the option of suggesting that money might be nice for your Christmas present this time round!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    Good software IS unfortunately expensive - it can take a lot of skill, time and money to develop, and programmers need to earn a living too. If you add to the equation the fact that computerised cutter software for the craft market has a very limited "customer base" in comparison to normal graphics software I actually believe the price is very reasonable (think Illustrator for example).

If finding the money is a problem, then don't be seduced by nice demonstrations - anything can be made to look like the ultimate cats whiskers in skilled hands. Look carefully at what you're offered, see if you actually NEED those features, and if so, whether you can find them elsewhere either cheaper or even free. So if you like the fact that Funtime can smooth jaggies, look at the possibility of using other graphics software to smooth your images before you import them and see if that helps. Or learn to hand trace, you get excellent results that way. Sometimes just a little time and effort on your part is all the solution you need.

But if convenience has a higher value than effort, then you may just have to bite the bullet and pay the price... And at this time of the year you always have the option of suggesting that money might be nice for your Christmas present this time round!

Rosemary
    i agree. i want it but i dont realy need it. so i will wait untill i have the money to buy it. funtime pro has been the best software i have brought i saw the video and thought WOW.

View Gallery

There is one thing I haven't seen mentioned in this discussion that is worth considering and that is the amount of memory you need to use the program, I've been reading various bits of information on the net and one place said you need at least 2 gig of RAM if you are using Windows XP and double that if you have Vista.

I would check this out or it could cost you more money if you need to buy more memory, plus the cost of having it installed if you can't do it yourself.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I've been on the site but it won't let me sign, I have pmd Chrissie to see if she can throw any light on it.
    Are you registered and logged in? In many forums you can read posts but not do anything else unitl you've joined.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    There is one thing I haven't seen mentioned in this discussion that is worth considering and that is the amount of memory you need to use the program, I've been reading various bits of information on the net and one place said you need at least 2 gig of RAM if you are using Windows XP and double that if you have Vista.

I would check this out or it could cost you more money if you need to buy more memory, plus the cost of having it installed if you can't do it yourself.

If the lite version is downloaded hopefully it won't need too much memory, fingers crossed

View Gallery

I was thinking more about people who might rush out and buy it, not realising. The free version isn't available until sometime on Monday.

It only does 2 things that the current version doesn't do and one of them is the charm thing which isn't difficult to do anyway, if someone has a recent version of FT I don't think this is worth buying.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"