Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I wish I was.....in Austria VAL DER RE's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)

"Best Craft Storage Stackables"

AFTER ORIGINALLY POSTING THIS, SOMEONE VERY KINDLY PM'D ME TO TELL ME ABOUT A LARGE WOODEN UNIT THAT TOOK THE REALLY USEFUL BOXES. I HAD BEEN LOOKING AT THIS IN A MAGAZINE BUT CAN I FIND IT AGAIN, CAN I 'ECK. IF THE PERSON WHO ORIGINALLY PM'D ME COULD DO SO AGAIN I WOULD APPRECIATE IT, OF IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

THANKS

Have been looking at these on our Sponsors web site - Storage4Crafts - and wondered whether anyone had them. If so, do you have all the different size drawers, and if you do, which size have you found to be the best/most useful.

I am looking at the triple unit with a combination of all the trays up to the 3.5"
    Thanks
    Last edited by VAL DER RE; 09-01-2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Valx

Totally addicted to all things Vampire

My Blog http://cardscatscakes.blogspot.com/

Always remember you're unique...Just like everyone else. dizzyblonde82's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    Hi,

I have 2 of the double stackers and they are fab! I have a mixture of the paper trays and 1", 2" and 3.5" drawers.

It is worth noting that the drawers do not hold 12x12 papers so you would need the paper trays.

I find that a mixture of drawers work best.

Mine cost around £400 but were well worth the investment

If you would like a look how mine are set up please have a look at my blog.

View Gallery

Oh great, thanks for that. Didn't realise that the drawers don't hold 12 x 12 papers, I thought it said on their website that they do so that is just the sort of info I need.

Can you fit much paper on the paper trays?
    Valx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I have them too and think they're fab, I labelled all mine with a label printer so I know what's in each drawer - the labels come off really easily so no probs if you want to change the contents on a regular basis! I got 3 of the double stackers and one single stacker and used 1 inch and 2 inch trays. I also got a few of the tray insert organisers, they're fab for dividing up chipboard letters and stuff

Here's a few pics of mine:

The drawers don't hold 12x12 papers, well they do some makes but most don't fit so I have mine in the trays or in files and boxes on top. The trays hold a good amount, I'd say about an inch space on each shelf if that helps.

View Gallery

Thanks, they look really neat, am pondering now whether the double stackers would be better than the triple stacker!

Mind you I did ask DOH if he would make a sort of platform for the triple stacker to sit on to raise it up off the floor so I am not having to keep bending as I have a bit of a back problem. I was then going to use the space underneath to store some big storage boxes with lids to take all the bulky stuff. So, if I am doing that then the triple would probably be better as the double may end up too high.
    Valx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    they are also very heavy and come in two parts so you can lift the top half off the double stackers. Mind you you'd have to be superwoman to do it full of stash! As long as he builds really sturdy unit underneath you should be ok

View Gallery

It will be next year when I get them, hopefully May time, will have to have a week off work to move everything over there is so much stuff everywhere! Am hoping that these will help me to keep the room tidy.
    Valx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    I too have one of these,and I think they are great,I was really struggling with storing paper and bits till I got mine.Unfotunatley I don't have much space so I just have a small one,but I am looking to see if I could get another to stack on top.
    Matchbox Swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I have the double stacker with 2" and 3.5" drawers. Not sure it is right for me!!!! particularly as I generally scrap away from home and so really like all my stuff in containers that I can just pick up and go! So I would say bear in mind if you craft at home or go to crops/retreats - it makes for more packing! It does look lovely though
    xTanyax

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I've just ordered the triple stacker. Are you serious that the drawers don't take 12x12 papers? As it says in their advert that all drawers take 12x12 with or without barcode strip! I'm going to be very annoyed if it's true.

Always remember you're unique...Just like everyone else. dizzyblonde82's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    The drawers are ment to be 12" x 13" but it is very tight fitting card stock and 12 x 12 paper in them and the edges curve up slightly and you cant easily browse them without taking the drawer out and tipping it up.

You definately cant fit the papers with the barcode strip in them thats why I went for the paper trays as didnt want to cut of the brand/range name.

View Gallery

I don't go to any crops so do all my crafting at home. I am so glad I posted on here though as at least I know about the trays not taking 12 x 12 so will look at how many of the actual paper trays I need, I was going to get 30 and have 10 in each of the three sections at the top, but am wondering whether I would need more!
    Valx

So much stash so little time honeybunny's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I have a triple width one and think it is fab. I store all my 12 x 12 papers and cardstock in the 2" drawers with no problem. The extra strip has to go at the front or back but they do fit. Holds loads and loads of stash!!!!!
    RACHEL

View Gallery

Thanks so much everyone, you have spurred me on to get saving. Mind you, that will be the easy part, to fit them in I need to have a major rearrange of my craftroom. There is a chest of drawers where they will go at present so that will have to go. The room will need a complete rearrange but I am sure it will be worth it.
    Valx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
    I have a triple width one and think it is fab. I store all my 12 x 12 papers and cardstock in the 2" drawers with no problem. The extra strip has to go at the front or back but they do fit. Holds loads and loads of stash!!!!!
    Thank goodness!