I've been having a play with the Lite and in some respects I am disappointed (please don't banish me, Graphtec!) I have never seen a cutter in operation so I suppose my expectations may have been higher than they should have been. I'm debating whether I should have gone for a different one. Having said that it will serve its purpose - I mainly wanted it for titles and shapes.

Pros:
Very clear start-up instructions
It does welds and mats fairly easily. (If the previous software didn't do that, just how basic was it?!)
You can open templates from this forum directly into the software - just click and they're there. (Thanks to someone on this site little Robo cut some beautiful swirls...I'm sorry I can't find who to credit)
The gridlines on screen and carrier sheet are useful - lines every 2cm.
It does seem to cut Bazzill with one pass (twice on one occasion - in that case I had to start again)

Cons:
The basic software is frustrating mainly because you can only "undo" once. The number of times I have to start again makes me want to scream but this will improve as I remember steps.
Sometimes I "lose" the ability to hold and drag a shape. I can't understand that.
There seems to be no way I can design in my existing software on my PC and save it as a gsd. What do I need? Do I need Design Master or Inkscape? I don't really want to buy Design Master as I chose the Lite partially for its cost compared to the "full" version. I don't think it's meant for designers.
You need a full length of A4 card/paper otherwise it gets snagged in the machine. This can be quite narrow, but I was hoping that I could just stick a little bit of card on the carrier and it would be OK. I've overcome this to a certain extent by "butting" up one piece of card with another and joining them with sellotape. This way I can get a shape plus a mat in a different colour in one pass.
Can't see how to buy the SD cards which are promised - sounds like they are just the thing for a Christmas wish list.

Heather