Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

rolling ***** November Software Help/Class *****

Last month we learnt how to weld, create shadows and mats and weld text to a frame, this month you can learn how to cut out shapes, this technique is really useful for creating stencil cuts and can also be used with basic shapes to create new shapes.

Cut Out Shapes on the Edge – Stencilling

Design Master tutorial here
    Inkscape tutorials here
    Illustrator tutorial here
    Robo Master tutorial here

Once you have done the tutorial and have learnt this technique spend some time practising it with your own shapes, text or dingbats.

If you create a file you want to share please upload in the template section where it is safe, but it would be nice if everyone doing the class could post a picture or a screen shot in this thread so we can see what everyone is working on.

If this is your first time joining the software class and challenge please start with previous tutorials in this order if you feel you are not ready for the above yet -

1. Getting Started (this is in the Robo Master section)
    2. Welded Words with Mats
    3. How to Make a Contour Mat
    4. How to Weld Text to a Frame

Please don’t struggle alone post any help questions here or in CR Chat and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, we were all new to this once.

You don't have to cut out what you make if you don't want to, you can use a pen, you don't even have to save the file.

If you are doing the class and don't have questions drop in and say HELLO
    Last edited by Lucille; 12-11-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I will make a start on this later today

View Gallery

Hi Becky nice to have you with us again.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just Popped in to say Hello and Thanks for the wonderful tutorials

Got my Robo Last month and the tutorials helped so much as well as reading all the advice given to other peeps problems

One day when I'm brave enough (and have time to get to grips with uploading) I may even post one of my efforts but I;m sure it will pale against some of the wonderful creations I've seen

Worked throught the October class and will follow the November one as well In the meantime Ladies Thank you

View Gallery

Awww for dropping by and I'm glad you found the tutorials help, if you ever see a technique that isn't covered by the tutorials we have please feel free to ask.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks Lucille for the November tutorial . It's prompted me to finish the October one now that my computer's fixed .
    Maggie

View Gallery

Sorry you have had PC problems Maggie, there not always cheap to get fixed if you can't sort it yourself are they.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi and thanks lucille this looks as if it"s going to be fun. I can't believe it's November already i was full good intentions with the October class and did a fair bit of playing about the first week and then............. i don't know what happenned October has disapeared soooo quickly. I'm going to print off the tutorials tonight have a read and a little play not a lot on the tv. And hopefully get stuck in Tommorrow
    Could somebody arrange for there to be 48 hrs in a day instead of 24 cos i just don't seem to get as much done as i want in a day these days. It must be my age i think i"m slowing down LOL
    Sugerplum

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Sorry you have had PC problems Maggie, there not always cheap to get fixed if you can't sort it yourself are they.
    It was destined for a complicated journey to my SIL 50 miles away when a friend suggested unplugging it from the socket. Well, I'd done the 'turn it off and on again' routine umpteen times, checked all the connections etc, but thought I'd give it a go. Eventually found the wall socket, unplugged it, plugged it back in - worked fine!

Really must do a backup now I've got it back - I know I saw a thread on here somewhere!
    Maggie

View Gallery

It was discussed in the computer user thread, I got the Acronis program that Brian recommended and bought an external hard drive, so I've got a nice cosy clone ready just in case.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    It was discussed in the computer user thread, I got the Acronis program that Brian recommended and bought an external hard drive, so I've got a nice cosy clone ready just in case.
    Maggie

Every artist was first an amateur. ani's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    I have a cr lite & a silhouette (ssh), so thought it about time I learnt a bit more. Being sensible as per instructions I have gone back to october class but at the moment I don't have DM or inkscape, to weld a word I use ms word then covert to jpeg in paint them import & get outline.
    I have just figured that using the light software I could then increase the size of my outline and weld, this would give me my mat.
    I am going to able to follow the classes this way or would I be better to get DM or inkscape.
    Hope my waffle makes sense
    Thanks
    Ani

View Gallery

Hi Ani

I would say give Inkscape a go it's free and you can export as a BMP and use the outline function in RoboMaster, don't forget that the outline function works better if your design has a black fill. Look forward to seeing your welded words and if you get stuck with anything just yell

Every artist was first an amateur. ani's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    OK, thanks, I'll let you know how I get on.
    Ani

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well had a bit of a play and come up with this. I think its ok, going to put screen shot on and going to have a go at cutting this afternoon to make a card if all works as i intended wll post photo of card made up plus post template. Now all I have to do is remember how to putup screen shot!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sugerplum