Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Copics ciaos or Promarkers, ideas please

well which do I go for is the question, can anyone give me any ideas please

Collector of pretty things Samm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I love my Copics, I have the original ones that you can refill. I love the fact that I can layer the colour too, so the colour dries and you can get a darker colour when you layer it. I'm biased, so I'd go for Copics. It really all comes down to budget...

The twins are currently undergoing management training! Silly Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I am also biased and would go for promarkers. They can also be layered and are only £1.80 a pen so are much more affordable and don't need to be refilled!

Bryony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

the copic ciaos are available for £124 for 72 pens and are apparantly really good, thanks and I will see what else others say

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I much prefer the copic caios, you can get them in UK for £1.95 a pen and postage is free if you spend over £10 and although they are not advertised as refillable you can refill them, so you dont have to throw them out once they run out. If you want to know where to get them for that price just pm me...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think to some extent it depends on what is available and you can find. I started buying the sets for the promarkers from a b&m (no on-line part) art shop in London - whose sets are nearly always on sale (but then so is most of their stock!) and cheaper than anywhere else I've ever seen them - but not if they were full price. So being able to pick up as many as I did cheaply (I've only ever bought individuals from silly monkey - who are 19p cheaper on the individuals than the b&m shop!) made the decision for me really. Plus, I know the name Letraset, I've grown up with their products around the house - Copic is not one I can think back to my childhood about. But it's probably as individual as whether you use a propelling pencil, a clutch pencil, one that needs sharpening, or go straight at things with a pen... Oh, and generally there are very few techniques that you can only use with 1 brand of marker (certainly not from what I can see as different between the letraset and copic markers)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I've just gone for the Promarkers. Mainly because I can't afford Copics but also because I want to support our sponsor, Silly Monkey Crafts. If it wasn't for the sponsors this site wouldn't even exist!

Kevin x

Swaps: Alphabets, Decorated Chipboard
    My Blog: The Krafty Korner

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Well i have some promarkers and have to say i like them, never tried Copic Ciaos markers but would like to. Now can you use the two together or not?
    What colour have people been buying in promarkers for flesh tones?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sonia_o View Post
    Well i have some promarkers and have to say i like them, never tried Copic Ciaos markers but would like to. Now can you use the two together or not?
    What colour have people been buying in promarkers for flesh tones?
    I got the Manga set 1 because CraftyCaz recommended using Ivory for the face and adding blush for cheeks.

HTH

Kevin x

View Gallery

How do you guys store your markers?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Thanks Kevin
    I think theres something on the other promarker thread about silly monkey getting some cases in for storage.

View Gallery

I like my promarkers but then I'd probably like copics too!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Mine are currently lying flat (the metallics have to be flat) in a RUB - I now have to get another of those as I don't have anything to store my PS2 in!

Ivory is very good for flesh tones combined with blush - and Satin is a good one to layer over the Ivory for shadows if you need them. The other flesh tones are dusky pink and cinnamon (going from the 5 packs) with vanilla, coral, blossom, pastel pink and shale for accents. I have used vanilla for accents, you'd want the cinnamon and other colours for non-caucasian characters.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kevie192 View Post
    I've just gone for the Promarkers. Mainly because I can't afford Copics but also because I want to support our sponsor, Silly Monkey Crafts. If it wasn't for the sponsors this site wouldn't even exist!

Kevin x
    I do not disagree with you about sponsors, but I do not know what the sponsors sell, I was just wanting feedback on whether they are similar or what people would reccomend, I have spoken to Bryony and she has been very very helpful, thankyou everyone for answering my post I appreciate it xx

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    This is what I store my copics in, I made it using my bind it all and sugar nellie stamps, I then made a little book which is hanging on the side with the numbers and a coloured box of all the colours I have so I know what they look like when used on card.
    Attached Images Attached Images