Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    hi, what can we buy that is equivilant to the rubber thing that she uses on the tutorial?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you for that hugs Cathy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

thanks for the link tooooo hugs Cathy

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by angiebabe View Post
    hi, what can we buy that is equivilant to the rubber thing that she uses on the tutorial?
    just wondered if any one found out where to get the rubber from? thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for posting this site...nice ideas with the folders, especially using more than one on a card. laurie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)

'silicon rubber'

I read a similar technique , using this silcon rubber - think they said it was available in the plumbing dept used as a gasket material. Spent an hour skulking round B&Q last week with no luck !! I bought a cheap mouse mat but it's too deep. If anyone can help I'd be greatful too.
    Rosie

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by RosieMac View Post
    I read a similar technique , using this silcon rubber - think they said it was available in the plumbing dept used as a gasket material. Spent an hour skulking round B&Q last week with no luck !! I bought a cheap mouse mat but it's too deep. If anyone can help I'd be greatful too.
    Rosie
    I've been asking this question for months and still no wiser, it's probably something very available that we could use but it's just finding out how and what. good luck if you find out let me know please.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    If it's one of the indogo inklings lady's tutorials, she mentions both a Sizzix silcone pad and the Wishblade (sorry I'm a bit befudssled this should be the Wizard) tan pad. I'm sure you can buy the tan pads separately as replacement parts. Also Oyster Stamps sell an embossing sheet for the Cuttlebug.

If you can't find any of these, look for parchment craft (aka Pergamano) embossing pads as recommended by Christine Coleman, they are large sheets of (a bit smelly!) thin black squidgy rubbery stuff that should probably work just as well.

HTH, Rosemary
    Last edited by dozyrosy; 06-02-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: To correct misnamed product!!
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper lizzydripping's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    The embossing mat for the Wizard will work as well. Forgot that this thread existed or you would have had an answer earlier. Have now book-marked it. We have a Cuttlebug Social Group on here for those interested.

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...hp?groupid=120

Liz

View Gallery

thanks guys , I was wondering about the oyster stamps one, now can any one point me in the direction of how to use it, I've seen cards where there are multiple embossed images used where the rubber has been placed round I presume the edge to stop indentations but not sure how to go about it, ta

Dedicated Scrapper lizzydripping's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Can I suggest you have a good read of

http://indigoinklings.blogspot.com/

She does loads of tutorials with photos on avoiding marks round the edges etc. All in the archives. She uses both the 'bug and the Big Shot.

Liz

Sotonbelle
    View Gallery

Thank you so much for the links. I have the cuttlebug but not using it as effectively as I could............can start to now though

View Gallery

would the cuttlebug embossing mat do the same job?

If I had the energy I'd have a midlife crisis cattylady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    If it's one of the indogo inklings lady's tutorials, she mentions both a Sizzix silcone pad and the Wishblade (sorry I'm a bit befudssled this should be the Wizard) tan pad. I'm sure you can buy the tan pads separately as replacement parts. Also Oyster Stamps sell an embossing sheet for the Cuttlebug.

If you can't find any of these, look for parchment craft (aka Pergamano) embossing pads as recommended by Christine Coleman, they are large sheets of (a bit smelly!) thin black squidgy rubbery stuff that should probably work just as well.

HTH, Rosemary
    I use one of these black mats sold for parchment craft embossing, I think they are made of rubber (smells like it!) the smell goes after a while especially if you keep washing it (Christine also suggests using a silicone furniture polish!)
    They are about 2 or 3 mm thick. I don't think they are made by Pergamano. (the P word is a brand name but dear old Dawn Bibby chooses to ignore the fact that there are many other suppliers of items for parchment craft.)
    You can get them A4 size from several suppliers, they are quite cheap.
    I ruined one using it for perforating so I cut it into 2 & it works a treat with my BigShot.

You might need to experiment with different thicknesses of card shims to get perfect results.

View Gallery

thanks cattlady, I'll check this out, but I'm also still wondering about the cuttlebug one, who would have thought that something so easy for some people would turn out a nightmare for others lol, all I want to do is get the most from my cb.
    thanks again