Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

insuring craft stuff

Hi, I was wondering if any of you have insured your stash. It is something I am looking into but don't seem to be having much joy. I am wanting to mainly insure my sizzix dies. I have atleast 60 red ones and 4 of the sizzlets alpha not to mention the yellow,green and wooden dies that i have paid £50 for some of them. Some dies are now retired or hard to find and I was think of the cost to replace them. Has anyone else had this thought or got insurance?

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I'd expect them to be covered in your household contents insurance, without needing to single them out as the value per item is less than £2k....

Funny HA HA, Not Funny Peculiar! madhattermillie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Do check your house insurance though. We have a new for old cover, although if they cant source the product they will give money (and they give you a choice too!) and each individual item is covered up to £1000.

If you use any of these items for a business - they will not be covered by your insurance.

Altered angels Team Member. Rain's Avatar
    View Gallery

We have benn burgled recently and are now going through our insurance claim and they want a prof of purchase for all items ( or as many as possible). If you were going to claim for that amount of dies they would expect some proof of ownership / reciept, photos, instruction manual. I had my KAren foster tote stolen as the scum thought it was a laptop bag and lost Fancy Pants chipboard packs x2, paper collections etc.... but I can't claim for it as I don't have any real proof of ownwership etc....

When your looking for insurance ask what docs.would be needed if you were to claim.
    Lorraine
    Themed Photo cjUp for anything cj

Funny HA HA, Not Funny Peculiar! madhattermillie's Avatar
    View Gallery

lorraine, we were burgled about 4 years ago, and apart from coming out to the house to 'interview' us they didnt want anything more than a list of what had gone. Poor woman though, i was really annoyed about it, and had a good old rant then showed the the 30 odd pics i had taken of the mess they left the house in! she couldnt wait to leave!

Its only for accidental damage that they have wanted proof of purchase.

I would say if it went, list it, they can only say no!

As for proof of having them, with my DVDs i had listed them all a few weeks before - so it may be worth making a full list of the dies etc that you have - and if you can track down any on-line receipts/orders etc that would be a bonus!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Must say I've never thought of it

Good point about photos and/or receipts

Thanks for making me think!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    We have benn burgled recently and are now going through our insurance claim and they want a prof of purchase for all items ( or as many as possible). If you were going to claim for that amount of dies they would expect some proof of ownership / reciept, photos, instruction manual. I had my KAren foster tote stolen as the scum thought it was a laptop bag and lost Fancy Pants chipboard packs x2, paper collections etc.... but I can't claim for it as I don't have any real proof of ownwership etc....

When your looking for insurance ask what docs.would be needed if you were to claim.

You can still claim for these. When we were burgled, i managed to claim for things i didnt have the reciepts/proof of ownership for, admittedly the insurance company were not best pleased, but if you keep pushing they will pay up! they cant expect you to have proof of everything you own. good luck with it all xxx
    Clair & Sharni xxx

My photography blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Just wanted to add - I do keep lists & photos of everything in every room of our house now..& have high value items listed seperatly on our insurance. I know this is excessive but we were burgled by a 'professional gang??!!' twice within 3 months (they waited for the insurance to replace everything & they came back and took it all again!!) despite us having a top of the range alarm & CCTV !! xxx
    Clair & Sharni xxx

My photography blog

View Gallery

we've just renewed our home insurance, This month... I'm getting a craft shed.. have now outgrown the converted garage and hubby wants the room...

We were told that we were covered with out buildings to the value of £2000

thanks for the tip about taking pictures... i will be definately be doing this... especially as I havnt kept any of the reciepts..

Its very worrying though
    amanda

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Hmmm... another job to add to my list... photo's of my supplies for insurance purposes!
    Thanks for posting this question as i'd never have thought about it and certainly don't keep my reciepts for the little things... large items for a year, but as most has been gifts I don't have reciepts for those items either!

I know I certainly won't be trying to add the cost/value of it all up though
    Erika x
    "Hug them, kiss them and tell them that you love them. Don't miss the chances that life is giving you to spend with people you love. There are no rewinds!" Adam Sandler

My Photobucket My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Really like to idea of the photos so that is something I am going to do. thanks for all your suggestions on this topic