Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Envelope problems

I see all these fantastic cards BUT I have a huge problem... Some cards just need to be no standard sizes for them to 'work'. By this I mean to look athletically pleasing. But here in lies the problem - ENVELOPES!!! I have one of those envelope maker things but they also have standard size ones that they produce. How do I over come my envelope dilemma? If I do make my own they always end up being too big.

Cath

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I tend to stick to making my cards to fit standard envies so kind of avoid that problem

Have you thought about making something apart from an envelope? You could make something like a pillow box - I make them for cards that have lots of 3D detail and you can put little goodies like sweeties in too. I'll have a template somewhere I can dig up for you.
    You could also have a go at making a 'wrapped' card. This is where instead of an envelope you just wrap your card up like a little prezzie with tissue paper and ribbon - it makes really special birthday cards or special Christmas cards.
    Leo

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)

pillow box template

Found one - it's C6 ish size just slightly bigger. You can use the same idea and adapt it to suit what size you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leo