Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Serif Drawplus 8

Good Morning Everyone, Does anyone use this package. I have no experience in draw at all. Been offered this at a good price and wondering how easy it is to use.

Shirley

View Gallery

Sorry Shirley, I used to use Serif Drawplus many years ago but I have Paint Shop Pro now but can't really get on with it.
    Bubbles1950 aka Lyn
    "A hug a day keeps the doctor away"

View Gallery

I have several Serif packages, they are very easy to use. They usually supply a manual with them but I think they offer them separately if you need them. I prefer to have something in black and white beside me to read while using the programmes.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Lyn and Myra. Might just go for it.

Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    Shirley, I have been buying software from Serif for years (although I never actually have time to learn how to use any of it to its full capability ) and their customer services are very good. Also, if you buy from them direct, you get a 30 day return period, so you can use the software and return it for a refund it you find you don't get along with it.
    : o 0 PETRA 0 o :
    August 2013 week 1 challenge
    July 2013 1 x SLO= 10 points

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've used Serif Pageplus for over 10 years and do all my cards with it. Now I've started digi-scrapping I'm using Serif Photoplus more and more. Great programs! There are forums too for hints and tips.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks very much everyone. I have now ordered it. Fingers crossed that I get on with it.

Shirley

View Gallery

I have never heard of it! I shall have to investigate!

Linda
    A member of Just Cutters - Against Copyright Infringement
    New to UKS? Need Help? Go Here

View Gallery

I got a free copy of an earlier version free with a scrapbook mag a couple of weeks ago. Not played with it much yet but it looks good.

Lynne

View Gallery

Just a hint for anyone who did get that free version in Scrapbook Magazine - if you register your product with Serif you get on their mailing list and they send you offers for their new releases at substantially lower than their usual price. That's how I originally started buying their stuff. I got a free version of DrawPlus2 (that's how long ago it was!) in a computer magazine cover disc, and I've been finding their offers difficult to refuse ever since.

View Gallery

...and they phone you too and offer their programmes at reduced rates. They also e-mail you with very good offers. I have several of their £9.95 programmes.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I've used Pageplus for many years mainly for cards and address labels but have done some documentation with it too. I've had several version, but stopped upgrading mainly because what I have does exactly what I want.

One thing I didn't like about them was that they started phoning me up at regular intervals and more or less interrogating me about what software I was using and why. In the end I had to ask them to stop calling, which they did. I've been happy with my software, I believe they have very good offers sometimes, and they once went out of their way to ensure I got a deal that had actually ended. The incessant pestering was the only downer - it really did infuriate me, but it was a while ago and they may be better now.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

I've never had a phone call from them (but I suspect I have never given them my phone number!)

View Gallery

I know what you mean, to register my free software I had to phone them and I was treated to the sales pitch, also I was already on their database! I was asked what I used my PC for and I think he lost will to live when I started to rabbit on about robos, knitting machines and embroidery machines and use different CAD programs for each. So I hope a message was put on my file with a please do not ring this person.

Lynne

Lynne

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

When they phone with a new offer, sometimes I've been interested but said it was too costly for me at that time & they always ask me to hold while they speak to the manager and come back with a much better price!