Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Studio/SVG Templates > Cards, Toppers & ATCs

Notices

Threaded View

I'm sure i could use that for something..... frogzone's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Insipred from wrought iron gate!

Hi Ladies earlier this year I visted York Minster and took hundreds of picture of the architechtural (sp?) art.. from heating grates to the carving on the pews.
    Now finally i have got round to digging out the photo and doing somthing with them.
    The files were drawn by hand in paint and and then auto traced in robo master, it took a few attempts as lots of tidying up needed to be done.
    I cut it from pearlised Paper approx 135 gsm and used speed 3 and pressure 17.. that is with the robo 100-20 (the blue one). It takes about 7 mins to cut although i forgot to time it until i was halfway through!
    It took about 30 mins to weed out the tiny bits, so not for the faint hearted, but if you have some time to kill or need to take your mind off things, then go for it !If you are cutting out of fine paper make the outline deeper that way you have more to get hold of when you are weeding and you can trim it back when you have finished.
    After i had finished, realised that i could have used pre-set shapes from word and copied them into paint, which would have saved loads of time because trying to get a completly symetrical heart is not easy!!
    Now i've cut it I have no idea what i'm going to use it for ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lis