Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Another newbie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

sad Another newbie

Hi I am so disheartened as no matter what I do I can not get my craft robo to read registration marks unless I am in almost total darkness and then it cuts half a cm to the right of the image . I have followed the Robo master manual to the letter. Also is their anyone in my area that I could talk to or even meet up to swap ideas, I am on the top of exmoor, I love crafting and would welcome a new friend

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Hi and Welcome

There is loads of tutorials on here for you to read regarding all that and more
    so dont be disheartened yet

tina xx
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

sad

Thanks Tina
    I will have a look and see if I can find some thing,
    Carol

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    ive done loads of threads about hints for printing and cutting do an advance search using my name and stuff should come up.

i have to say though if you are new to robo i would always advise to stay away from any multi layered design and print and cuts untill you have mastered all the basics with your machine.

View Gallery

Hello don't give up, there are some really lovely & talented ladies on here that is so willing to help, Iv'e had my Robo 4months & almost gave up but today I made & cut my first template It's nothing fancy but it's a great feeling when you have achieved it,as the other ladies say read all the tutorials you can find you will get there in the end trust me, good luck x jo x
    Last edited by jo+el; 14-02-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling oops

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

don't give up, I have just mastered print and cut and it is great when it clicks, are you using shiny card as this can be difficult, try it with a mat card

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by stressed View Post
    ive done loads of threads about hints for printing and cutting do an advance search using my name and stuff should come up.

i have to say though if you are new to robo i would always advise to stay away from any multi layered design and print and cuts untill you have mastered all the basics with your machine.
    yes I searched for info a couple of days ago as I could not do print and cut, I tried everyones advice with no luck untill I found your hints and I have cut 6 sheets on the run, thank you soooooooooooo much

View Gallery

don't worry mostly every one who purchases a robo always as the same problem with registration marks not reading, my self included, if you read all the info you wont go wrong, make sure the reg marks on the sheet you are feeding through are at an equal distance away from the white plastic bits on either side of the rollers, that is how i do it and it works every time for me, even with shiny gloss paper, also it helps some, depending on what printer you have if you make your printer settings border less

Kate