Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

"Life is so much better with a dog" ~Rachel~'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

shops in swindon?

hi there, DH has to go to swindon in a couple of weeks for work, he's taking me with him & we are stopping in a hotel in the centre.
    Was wondering if any swindon locals could recommend any good stash shops in the centre?? thanks alot x

Hi I'm Leo the NewfyPoo!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Well, there's nothing in the main shopping centre of Swindon. however, if you are able to move around a bit, there are some pretty good opportunities!!! There is Snazzy Stamping and Scrapbooking over towards West Swindon in a new industrial/retail park called BasePoint (Snazzy's do have a website which I found by googling which would have directions!) If you get that far, then head toward the 'west swindon shopping centre', which is largely Asda with a few small shops around it and there is a small stationery shop which sells PM stuff. A 'Range' is opening this weekend near the County Ground Football Stadium (can't remember the road name I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will come along with better details). If you can travel a bit furthe afield you also have a nice little shop in a small town called Cricklade (the town, not the shop), the shop is called 'Once upon a time' (if memory servers correctly). If I can be of any further help then please do feel free to PM me, but I'm sure someone will be along later with some more detail! Oh, there's also a HobbyCraft on one of the retail parks in Stratton, but it's not the best I've seen!
    BUTTON BABES ROCK!!!!
    June so far: 2 dlo, 5 slo, 2 mini books

Tunny-Farr, a Maori word for a mythical beastie thing. Taniwha's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I just heard today that there's 2 shops in Cricklade, Once Upon A Time and another one, so it must be worth a visit There's also Paper Arts and Crafty Pastimes here in Stroud. I think Linz at CP is open on Friday's so a Friday visit over here would be a good idea, it's about 40 minutes drive to PA and then a further 15 minutes to CP
    ~~Rachel~~

View Gallery

thanks ladies, think i'll have to stay around the centre area. as won't have the car to use, so will be a bit restricted. x

Hi I'm Leo the NewfyPoo!

Oh to have a mirror like this!! eccles's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi there

I'm not sure about the 2 shops in Cricklade. I know there is one called "Once upon a time" there is another shop but I think it sells mainly cross stitch etc. I might be wrong but it's worth a look!

If you can navigate yourself into the "Oldtown" part of Swindon there is a shop called "made by you" which is tucked behind the high street near the
    co op. There is a art and craft shop in the main centre called "Ink Spot" it's situated down a side street at the side of Woolworths.

Hope this helps

Happy shopping!

Debbie

Surfin' the slippery slope..... juliadunnit's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    The one called Snazzy at the new Basepoint is worth the effort for sure, it nearly bankrupted me!! Look 'em up though, worth ringing to see if they stock your sort of stuff.

Ludgershall (near Andover) Crop Chat - an SG to visit
    Doing it like a Diva!
    A talker with a passion for crafting blogs here:
    stamping-ground.blogspot.com

View Gallery

I live in Cricklade and there is only one Scrapbook/Card shop and that is Once Upon A Time.... definately worth a visit. The buses from the centre of Swindon run on a very regular basis and drop off in the High Street, this would take about 20 mins.

Una and her staff are very helpful and can offer lots of help and advice. They have a large choice of dies, stamps, punches, papers ohhh the list is endless.

The only other place I can think of is the X-Stitch shop down the other end of the High Street they also sell buttons, ribbons etc.

Hope this helps

View Gallery

Isn't there a Papermill shop in the Outlet Centre?
    Yvette

View Gallery

thanks ladies, i will check these places out. x

Hi I'm Leo the NewfyPoo!