Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)

Question Hybrid cardmaking in Paintshop Pro 8

Hi.
    I would love to have a go at Hybrid cardmaiking and have Paint shop Pro 8. Please could anyone tell me where i might find a tutorial for doing this using Paintshop Pro 8. many thanks Denise x
    Sugar Nellie /Magnolia Image Swap ( Host)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Errrr - what's hybrid cardmaking?
    Nic

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I don't know what it is either, but I have been using PSP (and my dtp software) to make/print cards and inserts for about 10-12 years. When I first had the software, I just used the information and tutorials available on the internet/web to learn various techniques, then applied what I knew to cardmaking when I started to use PSP for that.

You can (obviously!) make backround papers and text, but I also use PSP to "cut out" elements and combine them with others to make composite images, prepare images for decoupage, etc.

I use it for web images, cards, and now ATCs and it's never occured to me that there might be techniques specific to just one particular area. I don't consider myself an expert at all and there are whole areas of the software that I haven't yet needed to use, so maybe there's something vital I'm missing?

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    If you google for paintshop pro tutorials and scrapbooking and/or cardmaking there will be thousands of tutorials you can use to get you started on hybrid card making/scrapbooking. Just make sure you type in "paintshop pro", because if you use "psp" you'll get tutorials for the playstation.

Just to answer Nellyphant and Dozyrosy, hybrid cardmaking/scrapbooking is combining digital layouts with tradition techniques. For example creating the base layout (ie background paper, photo, and journalling) digitally, printing it out, then adding some embellishments.
    Cat
    My Blog: Cat Scrap Fever

Digital Piracy!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Oh - that's what I already do!

I use PSPX which seems to really dislike Vista and I have to keep taking it off and re-installing because it stops working properly.
    Nic

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Hi,
    Thanks so much for all the great info, i have now found somem gret tutorials etc. Denise x
    Sugar Nellie /Magnolia Image Swap ( Host)

Dipping in and out! Kamilicrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    This was my first go at hybrid although technically I had been doing it for years!! However this was my first attempt using Photoshop Elements which gives more scope with actions, shadows etc. The only added embellishments are Tilda and the greetings circle. It is a little difficult to get to grips with but there are some great tutorials out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grandmothers are just antique little girls

Dedicated Scrapper dillonsrugby's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I like this card very much. I think that when we see such great examples of a new technique we haven't tried it gives us that push to have a go at it ourselves.
    Well done
    lol Joan
    ribbon swap

Mmmmm pretty paper.... MuckyFingers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Oh my goodness Kim, that's gorgeous

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyphant View Post
    Oh - that's what I already do!
    Oh me too! I suppose it's just another case of a fancy new name for existing techniques then.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."