Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)

Card inserts????

Just curious how you all do your card inserts (or do you not do any)?

I tend to use white or cream blank paper, then use my computer to put a poem or some kind of verse sentiment on it, but it's getting (and looking) boring.... so who has some whiz-bang software or templates they use, hints to share, websites with cool stuff to use, etc..... anyone, please????

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I use my computer a lot for crafting, so I tend to make the insert match the card. If the backing paper I've used is printed (which it normally is) then I'll use that to make an insert.
    Nic

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Nellyphant View Post
    I use my computer a lot for crafting, so I tend to make the insert match the card. If the backing paper I've used is printed (which it normally is) then I'll use that to make an insert.
    Thanks for the reply. I see there 29 views of my question but you're the only one to answer.... but maybe I've used the wrong terminology when I say 'insert'. I mean the page that goes inside the card that usually has a poem printed on it, or a sentiment, or even a handwritten message. Usually, on a purchased card, these are cream or white and thinner paper.

For this reason, I'm not sure what you mean by 'backing paper' --- what is that? And who prints it? Do you mean 'patterned paper' that you've used on the front of the card? If so, how could you print a poem or sentiment on it?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    I use the printer to print a sentiment in a colour that co-ordinates with the card front onto plain printer paper. I have them in powerpoint so I know exactly where to type. My template (I made by trial & error) also has 'registration marks' to show me easily where to cut it to fit.

Sometimes I'll stamp a small stamp in black & white in a corner of the insert to match, and on the envelope if I remember!

I'm a Scraphazard!!
    Eventually joined the blogging community!

View Gallery

Jane you can sometimes get CDs with printable patterned paper on, which I think is popular for cardmaking.

I tend to either not bother with an insert (because I am lazy) or I use one of the pre-cut ones - you know when you buy single cards and envelopes, you can usually get inserts to match?

I don't really like verses in my cards so the printing issue doesn't really affect me!

Kate

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I mainly leave my inserts blank, but when I do print them, I stick to plain and simple wording (i.e. congratulations, happy birthday, happy anniversary, etc etc), as I find if you use long poems or sentiments, you very much reduce the amount of people you can either send the card too, or reduce the peoplr who would buy it.

Very personal things I find.
    Claire xxx
    Braving it by adding my (boring) blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by craftykitten View Post
    Jane you can sometimes get CDs with printable patterned paper on, which I think is popular for cardmaking.

I tend to either not bother with an insert (because I am lazy) or I use one of the pre-cut ones - you know when you buy single cards and envelopes, you can usually get inserts to match?

I don't really like verses in my cards so the printing issue doesn't really affect me!

Kate
    Hmmm.... I'll have to look for some ready-made inserts then, Kate. I don't think I've ever seen them. I have seen the cds -- today on Create&Craft in fact, which prompted the question, but just wondered if they're worth it. I do always put an insert in the card, though.... kind of like going out of the house without my underpants on if I don't !

Shyposter, I'm not much of a card-maker but love doing it. The thing is I only make one card at a time for a special person for a specific occasion, so the poems are always chosen just for that person. I can see if you're making several cards, especially to sell, then a poem or long sentiment would make no sense at all, although let's face it --- cards at Clinton usually have some kind of sentiment in it.

I love watching the people on TV make cards, but when I sit down to actually do one I feel completely blank.....

Dedicated Scrapper pat-catherine's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I buy my inserts but maybe I need to look at printing them. My local craft shop stocks them as does Lakeland. I do think the card looks better with the inserts. They don't have poetry on them just with love, Happy Birthday etc etc. I personally don't like some of the poems in some cards too gushing
    Pat
    Pat

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I tend to use a stamp, like Happy Birthday, Best Wishes etc, and I also use a corner punch to make the corners look a bit different.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget Monkey View Post
    I tend to use a stamp, like Happy Birthday, Best Wishes etc, and I also use a corner punch to make the corners look a bit different.
    Oooh, I like the thought of a decorative punch. Great idea! I think I'm going to experiment a bit.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I only tend to use inserts if the card is coloured or if it is a very special card. Mostly I leave the insert plain, as I prefer to write my own message in a card than to write round the greeting IYKWIM!
    Eileen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I don't use inserts at all. I print directly onto the card itself. I always use cream or white card blanks (well most of the time) as I tend to use patterned paper to add colour (cover the card front with it). I have templates set up in Word - not the easiest of things to work out but work OK.
    My blogaroonie: Patsy's Little Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I prefer inserts and use Verse Editor Plus which makes life a little easier.
    VALERIE (please do not call me Val, thanks)
    Swaps:

Valerie's blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I always do inserts. I like to double layer on a special card, usually with vellum as the bottom layer (say pink if a pink themed card) then a white or cream top layer with either computer or stamped words/sentiments. I use a punch in the corners of the white layer so the pink vellum is seen a bit better. I think it looks very pretty.

I also like to put a sticker or something on the inside part of the insert, not the word side, the other bit. I try to link this to the card, so will be a butterfly is butterfly card etc. I did a baby card for my sister who had a baby called lily and used a Lily flower sticker on this inside bit.

I also sometimes print both sides of my card and then will use a card frame (I've loads of Anna Griffin, but any will do) with the sentiment inside the frame. This allows the pretty pattern to be seen properly.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I always do inserts as well, I think it finished off the card beautifully. I use Greetins Card Factory for my inserts