Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)

watercolouring stamped images

how do you alldo it? They look so gorgeous-what pencils/mediums do you use? Do you all use gamsol? TIA-going to treat myself to some watercolouring things!
    Take care,
    Nickyx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (88)
    Everybody has gone mad on prismacolor pencils (me too!) and I use sansador to blend with stumps.
    Hugs Karen x

I'm a Chorley Rose!

My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    I m just boring still using my watercolour pencils and I ve recently discovered SU ink pads( they are more pigmented and give nice deep colours), I cannot justify the expense of the prismas altho if money were no object I would buy them in a heart beat
    MONICA GALE

Let us Sprinkle you with Fairy Dust! willowdesigns's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    It really depends what type of watercoloured effect you are after. If you are just starting out..watercolour pencils are a great way to get started, try not to get too hung up about shading at first, I always recommend beginners to start with pencils and a flat paint brush, gently sweeping over your coloured image..(btw make sure you use a suitable ink pad for the stamping), this will create a watercolour effect.

You can then move onto other things like h2o's and a brush pen, you can create beautiful effects with these as well as mixing colours together and quite easily obtain several tones from one pigment simply by adding more or less water.

Hope that helps.x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I use standard water colour pencils as there are so many different ways to use them. I also love adding a bit of sparkle by using iridescent medium either to blend them with or washed over them (and at less than a fiver a bottle a bit cheaper than H2O's!)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I go between using watercolour pencils, marvy pens, watercolour paints, and shimmery (el cheapo from the Works!) watercolours!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I think watercolour pencils are wonderful... and you can get some reasonable priced but still good ones if you hunt about. Prisma pencils are colouring pencils (like a child would use), but with a much higher pigment making them more expensive and giving a better effect. There are other brands in the UK that are just as good

View Gallery

I've just been using a set of watercolour paints (liquid in tubes, as opposed to the hard blocks IYKWIM). What I tend to do is go over the area of the image I want with a light shade of the colour with a fine brush to get up to the edges, without running over. Then I start picking out areas I want a bit darker and just use less dilute paint of the same shade, while the area is still a bit wet, so the colours blend nicely.

One thing I would say with watercolours is careful not to use too much water to start with, as it's quite easy to overload your brush with water and then it bleeds everywhere.

Also - keep wee scrunched bits of toilet roll handy and if you do make mistakes you can blot most of them if you get them quick enough, especially really light shades.

HTH
    ShOnA

You can visit my blog here : Millie Sparkles

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I started with Watercolours (box of 12). Now I have 36 Watercolour pencils and they seem to be doing the trick for me for now....I just have to try to be more careful when I want light colours because of course not having 120 shades can be tricky sometimes.
    I use a flat brush and a round one, sometimes the flat one is dry, which helps spreading the water/colour over the different areas.
    I do want the prismas but my stash is not that great yet so I keep thinking I should buy other things first.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    I use watercolour pencils, watercolour paints, and marvy's.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I also use watercolour pencils and always pleased with the results.

View Gallery

The ladies that use their marvys... do you colour on the image and then drag the colour with your brush or do you use a plastic palette or something to lift the colour with your water brush IYKWIM?
    ShOnA

You can visit my blog here : Millie Sparkles

Let us Sprinkle you with Fairy Dust! willowdesigns's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I use the colours on a palette then add water, if I am unsure with regards the depth of colour, I always have a scrap piece of card at my side to test.

If I am stamping using the pens then I would apply the ink direct to stamp.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I use watercolour pencils (the artists brands are better IMO), Marvey le Plume pens and ink pads with a brush. I also like H2Os and Pearl Ex. Oh and Sakura pens either neat or watercoloured are fab especially the glaze ones...subtle sheen and glittery!

It's not colouring in but one of my favourites is to colour the stamp with ink, I use ink pads (dye) or marvey pens. the spritz with water and stamp image. All watercoloury and a doddle.

With marveys i use a CD cover, brush some of the pen colour onto the CD cover and then with my waterbrush, I pick up the ink and colour in image. If it's not wet enough I quirt a bit of water from my brush onto the colour and mix before using. The more water the more dilute the colour though clearly don't get to wer.(I use the brushes with the water bit on them).

I used to just scribble and colour in but found I often couldn't blend in the scribble enough and it was visible. Now a light scribble with pencils!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    thanks girls!!
    Take care,
    Nickyx