Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size Card?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

What size Card?

What size card base do you use for your cardmaking? I have just taken delivery of the new Sugar Nellie releases and am struggling to decide what size card to use as a base. (Not just the Nellies, I have this problem with most stamps) I feel that A6 size is just a little too small, as there doesn't seem to be enough room left for using pretty papers, emelishments etc. At the moment I buy packs of cards/envelopes, perhaps I should start making my own and make envelopes to match. Please tell me what you do.........
    Thanks

Stash 'n Chocolates.. yum! DoubleDutch's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Hi Carole,
    I prefer square cards.. and usually make my own 5x5 or 6x6 cards depending on the size of the stamp
    [COLOR="Purple"]Marlene -x-

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I use a little of all sizes really depending on what the design I'm making BUT I rather use the square cards about 144cm square I think off hand. I buy mine ready made though as I can't be faffing about making different size envelopes but I get them from a non sponsor site.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    My fave of the moment is 7" x 5" (I have loads of A6 cards not being used on a regular basis) and I also like DL cards too, depending on what I'm using for the card (not so suitable for the Sugar Nellies stamped images).

I too can't be bothered making my own envelopes, so I tend to stick with regular sizes.
    Claire xxx
    Braving it by adding my (boring) blog

I had my cake and ate it too!! Pink Chocolate's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    i got some just slightly under 6" x 6" cards and envelopes from sarahs cards who is a sponsor on here

they are a lovely quality and perfect size for the magnolia and most stamps really

i dont like the A6 card either as i find it too small too and the A5 is a tad too big lol so i do like the 6x6 square and the 5x7 cards too. DL are a nice size too but again it depends on what sort of design you are aiming for really

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Well most of my cards are A5, but my prefered ones are by far the squares, I m the opposite I dont like really big cards, and I find it so much quicker to chop an A4 sheet in half and off I go There s a Magnolia card on my blog done on a A5 size and I ve still managed patterened papers and embellies on it
    MONICA GALE

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Well most of my cards are A5, but my prefered ones are by far the squares, I m the opposite I dont like really big cards, and I find it so much quicker to chop an A4 sheet in half and off I go There s a Magnolia card on my blog done on a A5 size and I ve still managed patterened papers and embellies on it
    Sorry to sound thick, but does that mean you make your cards by folding an A5 (half of A4) sheet of card down the middle?? If so, then your cards are A6 (and fit in C6 envelopes).
    Claire xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I like A5 - A4 folded in half and scored, but my favourite at the moment is the almost 6 x 6 square, this seems the most adaptable to me, but that's just now, it could change. I really, really don't like A6 cards, find them a bit mean and cheap looking, I wouldn't buy a ready made card in this size so don't ever make them either. I think they would be fine for notecards, but I don't make or use these. But, it's all down to personal taste we don't all like the same things do we?

Corrina

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    I like an a4 cut in half lengthways, Thats my preferred size at the moment.
    I think its a really nice size & sits well on a shelf.

I do like big cards for special occassions.
    Dawn

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    well, i offered to make up some cards for school to sell so i opted for easy option and bought pack of premade cards & enveloped as 5" square and c6 (half a5 size)
    i prefer squares myself. just got to get cracking now colouring in some images and get sticking!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I like bigger cards too and have been fascinated that these are more popular than the supposedly favourite C6. I use C5 (A4 folded in half) or some bought blanks that are just a little smaller than C5.

I tend to make mainly cards for family and the C6 are so small. I'm a 'more is more' crafter and there isn't room on a C6 card for anything! I also am into stamping and most decent stamped images are quite large and with a bit of matting and layering, it's vital to have a decent size.

I like square ones too but try as I might I can't get on with the tall thin ones (DL etc). I wish i could as they can look stunning but I just can't get the gist of it and it definately requires a different approach to the other sizes.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I make my own 6x6 from an A4 sheet, then the cut offs I use for stamping small images.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I mainly make A5 cards - A6 are too small for me! I mainly make those for wedding invitations or thank you cards post Christmas etc.

I'm quite into big cards at the moment though, been making quite a few A4 and 8 inch square.
    Nic

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyposter View Post
    Sorry to sound thick, but does that mean you make your cards by folding an A5 (half of A4) sheet of card down the middle?? If so, then your cards are A6 (and fit in C6 envelopes).
    Is me that s thick, sorry I meant to put A6.
    MONICA GALE

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Is me that s thick, sorry I meant to put A6.
    LOL - makes a change for me to be awake on a Sunday afternoon
    Claire xxx