Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Amy and Mathew - July 08 lap1926's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)

Advice appreciated - wedding invitations

Hi girls,

I wonder if any of you could offer me some advice or point me in the right direction.

Me and dp get married in July this year in Cyprus. Its really small with only our friends and their two children attending so I only really need one invitation! With that said I would rather not have to buy some as minimum orders are usually 20 and will cost me a fortune and was thinking of making it instead so I can hopefully make order of service, place cards, etc to match.

I know I could buy the high street card type for the invite but I fancy one that the inside can be printed rather than writing out a normal card.

SOOOO.... can any of you advise if there are any templates anywhere i could use or outers that can be bought in small quantities so that I have can have a stab at making it myself?

If its successful I will maybe make some for the party we are having when we get back too.

Thanks in advance and sorry if Im in the wrong place!

Lisa
    x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Lisa,

I recently made all my daughters invices etc., and had to come up with ideas from scratch! However, there is a cd available from Crafters companiion that gives you cards, inserts, invitations even a box for the confetti or cake. It is called Love. If interested, send me a PM and I will give you their details

View Gallery

smudge, you dont have enough posts yet for PM as I think you have 10 and there is no option to PM you.

I would be interested and would appreciate it if once you have enough posts to PM you send me the info?

Thanks

View Gallery

I made all my wedding invitations as well because I only needed 20. I bought cream card blanks with matching envelopes. I decorated the fronts, and rather than run the blanks through my printer I used vellum to print the inside of the card. It turned out very nice.
    Cat
    My Blog: Cat Scrap Fever

Digital Piracy!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    I also did all my wedding invites. I did them in cream, and used mulberry paper and a stamp for the fronts, then hubby printed off the inserts on lovely heavyweight cream paper.

I pinched the wording for the inserts from the confetti website and adapted it to fit our situation.

My mate got married in Cyprus a couple of years ago in a tiny chapel in a hotel grounds, they had a fantastic wedding, sure you will do to.

Good luck

Love Caz xxx
    12 day of Christmas swap

View Gallery

I had to come on and publically say a HUGE thank you to Katie5281cat. She has sent me a GORGEOUS invitation, Order of Service and placecard that she made previously for a friend an has offered to make some more with her left over supplies if I need them!

Katie it is sooo generous of you and I cannot thank you enough - you are so talented - I LOVE THEM!

Thanks again - love Lisa x

CrafterQueen
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lap1926 View Post
    Hi girls,

I wonder if any of you could offer me some advice or point me in the right direction.

Me and dp get married in July this year in Cyprus. Its really small with only our friends and their two children attending so I only really need one invitation! With that said I would rather not have to buy some as minimum orders are usually 20 and will cost me a fortune and was thinking of making it instead so I can hopefully make order of service, place cards, etc to match.

I know I could buy the high street card type for the invite but I fancy one that the inside can be printed rather than writing out a normal card.

SOOOO.... can any of you advise if there are any templates anywhere i could use or outers that can be bought in small quantities so that I have can have a stab at making it myself?

If its successful I will maybe make some for the party we are having when we get back too.

Thanks in advance and sorry if Im in the wrong place!

Lisa
    x
    I know acouple of websites that sell card making items that might give you some ideas.
    Last edited by ellie2007; 13-07-2008 at 01:44 AM.