Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Coloured card blanks?

Just interested to see how many people use white/cream blanks and how often you use coloured blanks, as I see lovely cards on blogs all the time but haven't really been so adventurous to use coloured blanks yet.

If you make your own blanks how do you decide what selection of coloured card to buy?
    ShOnA

You can visit my blog here : Millie Sparkles

No more shopping 'til I can see my desk!! DianaDreads's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    That's easy,fill a Paper Cellar box with card and make sure you get some of every colour!
    I tend to use darker colour card where possible as I'm not a pastel kind of girl but I can't resist sparkly lilacs and pinks for fairy cards,it brings out the girly side in me.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    I tend to use white or cream mostly and then add my colour with papers ribbons etc. However if you get the colour scheme right you can end up with some stuning cards made on coloured blanks
    MONICA GALE

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I go to the Papermill shop. I always have to have a large stock of white, ivory and cream in otherwise I get a bit twitchy!!!

I also have card in every other colour. I use it as card blanks and matting and layering.

It all depends on who the card is for, the topic etc, etc.
    Nic

Gone but not forgotten anniekay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yep! Papermill shop for me too. Mostly white and cream and a mix of pastels, brights and darks. Their envelopes are good quality too

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I usually cover the front of my white card blanks with a solid coloured card or paper in stead of using coloured card blanks. I use Bazzill or similar, and try to stick with thinnish cardstock for covering as to not make the front of the card too thick.

This way I also do not have to use an insert if the card is dark, and I also get to use up my scraps.

It is also easier to co-ordinate colours, as I sometimes find the range of coloured card blanks limited.

I have even covered cards with thick brown parcel wrapping paper - works a treat.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Well, I've been brave lol and made my wee brother's birthday card with black card as a blank. Really pleased with the result. Was thinking of making an insert but just found one of my white opaque pens, so that should do the trick. Just need to make a box now though as it's too big for all my envelopes (didn't think that far ahead ).

Don't have a paper mill near me but is the paper cellar stuff similar, as I know they do that in my local shop?
    ShOnA

You can visit my blog here : Millie Sparkles