Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Arrow ~ UYS Challenge 2008 - Week 3: Scenic Route ~

Here we are with another challenge to get using that old and new stash you have squirrelled away, this time from Scenic Route - lots of great paper designs and embellishments to choose from (not to mention a good few birdies!), so if you have anything lurking dig it out and come play!

Let me know if there are any particular lines or manufacturers you want adding to the mix to challenge your fellow card makers!

Happy creating!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Here are a couple of cards I did a while back using the Scenic Route Metropolis papers.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vanessa
    My Blog: Vanessa Stokoe
    Challenges at: Sarah's Cards Ltd Blog

View Gallery

Great cards Vanessa, thanks for sharing!

I think I'm going to put this challenge on hiatus for a bit as there doesn't seem to be much interest at the moment, if any folks want it continue in future drop me a PM with your suggested product/manufacturer and we'll kick start them again.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I would possibly have had a go at this, but I don't think I've got many / any scenic route papers - off to have a look .....
    Eileen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Trouble for me Nat, is that once I've cut into a paper, the strip is gone and I have no idea what it is.
    I would gladly have a go at stripes, or spots or arrows or birds, and then you could identify the paper line for me.
    Do you think this is something others are afflicted with, or is it just me who doesn't know my scenic route from my grungy back alley. (nearly said passage, not alley, but I see there's a doctor in the house )
    Sorry, lowering the tone.
    Eleanor
    Blogging round the Paper Mountains.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    My problem is I'm not very good at diversifying. I have most of Doodlebug, DCWV, American Crafts and KI Memories collections and more bazzill than an avid stick shaker could shake a stick at but I'm not good at branching out into other brands.

Spots, stripes, ribbon, colours sounds something I could handle a bit better too.

Fi

View Gallery

I hear what you're saying... but spots, stripes, etc. type themes are already being covered by the monthly challenge, this one is intended just as an extra challenge to get us using new and old stash so that if you had a load of stuff by Making Memories or Basic Grey you've got an excuse to get it out and make use of it and you could always look at past challenges for inspiration on using X company's stuff.

Nerd alert! Maybe I am just geeky as I store all my paper by manufacturer and line and can also identify virtually all of it from sight... So hadn't considered it might be an issue when it came to scraps.

Perhaps we need a "name that line" challenge for you Eleanor, you could upload a pic of the paper in question and we could all help you identify it!

But anyway, if you want to be given a boost to use a certain item of stash that has sat unloved in your collection for some time, let me know and we can make a challenge of it and free up some space for some new stash!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Weeeeeeelllllllll, actually, since you mention it, I made these cards last year and want some more of the paper, I think it is all from the same line (but what do I know?). It's probably embarrassingly old, and hasn't been sold since 1989, but worth a try maybe. Hope it rings a bell. Then I'll go away and not bother you anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eleanor

View Gallery

Hm, I think we need to throw this open to the masses! It looks familiar, but not a line I've ever had in my stash...

At first I thought it was Cosmo Cricket or even Crate paper, but no... dun-dun-dun... a bit of a mystery...

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (76)
    My Mind's Eye -Tres Jolie - C'est la Vie collection.

1st card is from Buddies papers and Friends.
    2nd is from Bright and friends
    3rd is from friends

Have a look here

View Gallery

Star. Thanks Jo.
    Eleanor

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (76)
    Glad I could help Eleanor