Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ...loves sparkly things...and the colour green!! :) Anso's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    Thanks Anso for the reassurance. Still deflated though.

Anso, I need to thank you for your Exploding Box instructions. I did one (my first) to your instructions as a Christmas present for sómeone. I "modified" it a bit by intergrating an outer shell because I didn't like the gaps on the corners, but it was so well recieved and I got so many complements and it was passed around to everone to look at. Unique they all said! If I can be bothered, and have masses of time spare, I'll definitely do it again. Thanks.

Awww thanks for the nice comments on the Exploding Box instructions Glad you had fun

Hope you get your first issue soon It's a nightmare that it takes 12 (!) weeks for an international subscription to start...and then if you have to wait even longer...well I can totally understand the upset.
    Anso

My BLOG - would love a visit if you have a minute spare (incl free layout classes, maze book, exploding box)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    No Feb issue or special one here. Sounds like the special is not worth worrying about if it doesn't turn up.I resubbed by doing a new sub online as was half the price but can't guarantee I won't get a gap. Should get them on old sub through to March though.
    Helen

View Gallery

Just got my Feb issue about 5 mins ago (I subscribe direct). Should I already have got this "special issue" that's been mentioned in this thread...? Or is that not part of the sub? Or does it come after the Feb issue? Does someone have a pic of the cover of this special issue please?

Thanks for any help and sorry for all the questions
    Anso

My BLOG - would love a visit if you have a minute spare (incl free layout classes, maze book, exploding box)

No animals were injured in the making of this picture! JenniF's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Well I don't have my Feb edition or the special edition yet (direct subscriber) but since January's only arrived a couple of weeks ago I'm not really surprised! I'm lacking in copies of all my sub magazines though as my SI hasn't turned up yet (despite me requesting a replacement grrrrrr).

View Gallery

My "Special edition" (= product guide) just turned up. Had almost forgotten about it LOL!
    Anso

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    My special edition magazine only arrived last week, I'm surprised so many received theirs weeks ago, you would think they would all be sent at the same time.

Tunny-Farr, a Maori word for a mythical beastie thing. Taniwha's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I got mine last week as well...... it's a fab issue isn't it....... NOT!
    ~~Rachel~~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    mine came last week or the week before - i flicked through and then threw it on the recycling pile
    not a lot in there to inspire at all
    Jen xx
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    I really liked the special edition. I was expecting it to be total rubbish after seeing some of the comments on this thread, but I was impressed.
    : o 0 PETRA 0 o :
    August 2013 week 1 challenge
    July 2013 1 x SLO= 10 points

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte41 View Post
    The previous special editions have been really good....but this one??!! What a rip! I counted and there are only 8 layouts over the 164 pages!!! The rest of it is like one giant advert!
    I don't understand why everyone says it's 'a rip' -- is is what it SAYS it is: product guide, not layout guide. It *IS* a giant advertisement.... that's its design.

Personally, I'm getting a bit disenchanted with all the magazines, but I guess there are just so many ways to put photos and doodles and blossoms on a piece of paper, after all. I'm tired of seeing the same things over and over, the same scrapbookers over and over, etc. and think we need some new trends. Perhaps (hoping against hope) that something new will come out of CHA.

I WILL complete more than one layout this month............ nikkimitch's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
    I don't understand why everyone says it's 'a rip' -- is is what it SAYS it is: product guide, not layout guide. It *IS* a giant advertisement.... that's its design.

Personally, I'm getting a bit disenchanted with all the magazines, but I guess there are just so many ways to put photos and doodles and blossoms on a piece of paper, after all. I'm tired of seeing the same things over and over, the same scrapbookers over and over, etc. and think we need some new trends. Perhaps (hoping against hope) that something new will come out of CHA.
    my problem was not getting the option of whether I wanted it or not - if I had seen it in a shop I would have known by the cover that it was of little interest to me but because I sub I had to pay for a copy with no choice - oh well should get another decent edition soon I hope ??
    Nikki
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkimitch View Post
    my problem was not getting the option of whether I wanted it or not - if I had seen it in a shop I would have known by the cover that it was of little interest to me but because I sub I had to pay for a copy with no choice - oh well should get another decent edition soon I hope ??
    That was my problem too, plus the fact that I have enjoyed the 2 or 3 Top 10 editions that they have issued and was looking forward to another one.
    Debra