Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)

Make It Show, Farnborough

Not sure if this is the right forum. But who is going and who has been before? Just wondered if there were any tips on who's doing make & takes etc.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    Here's the website with all the info! This is the first year at Farnborough, but when at Thorpe Park it was a brilliant show, especially for scrappers!
    My Blog 365 Blog Hedgie's Blog

SeptemberTotal=Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=Challenge Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=House challenge=Mini book=CJ=Album=

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

I agree!

I couldn't 'make it' last year as I was away, but went the two years before that and I enjoy it more than any of the others. Of course this is just a matter of opinion, but I do think there is more space and the lighting is def better...and more seats!

I'm hoping to go two days but only live down the road so its easy for me.

x Debby

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am also going on Friday - again don't have far to go as I live just up the road from DebbieGiraffe. Couldn't believe my luck that it had moved sooo close!
    I went to Thorpe Park last year and spent a fortune 'cos I bought my cricut there - but it was a very good "show" price.
    I agree, there was a lot for the scrappers - I went to Newbury last year as well, and Make-it was definitely better.

Will it be in a marquee again? Let's just hope if it is that the marquee survives all this wind and rain this year!

View Gallery

I live even nearer than either of you, could walk if I had to, but won't! They are using the facilities that were built for the airshow, so it should be very good. They are hoping to attract all sorts of exhibitions to this new venue. Hope the catering is good!

SeptemberTotal=Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=Challenge Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=House challenge=Mini book=CJ=Album=

I love Iggle Piggle Upsey Daisy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suedee View Post
    I went to Thorpe Park last year and spent a fortune 'cos I bought my cricut there - but it was a very good "show" price.
    Me too! And I'm going on the Friday as well.
    Jo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by knitkath View Post
    I live even nearer than either of you, could walk if I had to, but won't! They are using the facilities that were built for the airshow, so it should be very good. They are hoping to attract all sorts of exhibitions to this new venue. Hope the catering is good!
    Do you have to go in the entrance near the Queens hotel roundabout then ?
    Or can you sneak in from the Cove end?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Take a notebook with you and DON'T buy your items at the first stall you see... make a note of the stall and its prices and compare them as you go round - there can be a HUGE variation in prices.... last year a friend wanted a load of small inkpads and found the price (for the identical items) varied from 99p to £1.50 on the different stands, and my sis found the same with some stamps.

Otherwise ensure you wear comfy shoes, wear light clothing. You might also need to forget your manners and sharpen your elbows and shoulders. There is a LOT of pushing and shoving around the popular stalls, so be prepared to join in if you want to see what's going on.

Sorry - never done any classes or M&Ts at the ones I've been to!
    Carolyn

View Gallery

Sorry, you have to use the Queen's hotel roundabout entrance, only one open to the public! Supposed to be well signposted and plenty of parking!
    Totally agree about the difference in prices on the stalls, but if you see a bargain, bag it quick! And some stalls can be murder to get near, manners definitely go out of the window!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Hi.
    I'm going can't wait.
    Hope to see you walking around Kathy.
    Jan

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    those who have been to the airfield hows the catering ? should i take a pack lunch? is it dear and queues long or do they have plenty off outlets? im sure it will be much the same as when they have anything else at that venue so one off you might know please.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I'm going - will be the first scrapbooking show I've been to. I'm doing the Art From The Heart workshop too! Anyuone else doing it?

View Gallery

Sure we'll spot you Janet, yes, I'll be with Sheila, the terrible twins!
    Can't help on the catering side of things, never been there for anything before, think it is all under new controls as they are trying to make it a top venue for shows etc.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (38)
    I'm going with my friend Aly (ajcary) on the Friday too. We're doing the Blonde Moments workshop.
    Last edited by StarGazer; 11-01-2008 at 06:20 PM.

need more stash,need more stash. kipper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    i am going on the saturday hopefully with lots of birthday money as its on the friday 18th, so ho[ping to bag a few bargains.katharine